Bull Beef Brisket Flat

Dvillegas

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
New to pellet smoking. Just got the RT700. Love it. Have done tri tips and a few pork shoulders. Getting used to the smoker. I grabbed a beef brisket flat at Costco. Does anyone have a proven recipe for a 8lb choice cut beef brisket flat? Any suggestions?

New to pellet smoking. Just got the RT700. Love it. Have done tri tips and a few pork shoulders. Getting used to the smoker. I grabbed a beef brisket flat at Costco. Does anyone have a proven recipe for a 8lb choice cut beef brisket flat? Any suggestions?
I did mine following the same recipe as a whole packer. Wrap early to prevent meat from drying out and enjoy (y)

I would definitely wrap in pink butcher paper to keep moist since it’s just the flat. Put in cooler wrapped in large beach towel for an hour after cook. Don’t go to hot. Low and slow with a good peppery rub. No use injecting since it’s so thin. Enjoy.

This has always worked for us:
SMOKED MEATS, TEMPS and TIMES CHEAT SHEET
MEATSMOKER TEMPSMOKING TIMEMEAT TEMPRUBS OR SAUCESMISC INFO
Beef BrisketU@LO / W@270Start time 10:00 pmU@150 / W@200-205Garlic Onion, Pepper and Salt Blend for 24 hrsU 8 hrs+/- (Paper)W 8 hrs+/- Rest 4 hrs+/-

I trim the Point off of the Flat and cook the two Muscles separately
The Flat (only):
Labor Day Brisket Flat ready to Slice.jpeg

Brisket.jpg

Someone say "Smoke Ring" ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back