Bull Beating a dead horse...

Buckeye smoker

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
All these years and no problems with my app. But lately its really been acting up..no graph, constantly resetting on its own. I can live with it.
Just getting caught up with you all...whats the latest on app updates or rumors of fixes anyone has heard?
Has anyone recently talked to them and asked about or received any new info? Not really sure why the Android vs iOS look so different either. Anyway , nothing new here, just looking for new info if there is any..

I haven’t heard of any updates or fixes, but about a month ago, I had similar issues with my android version 1.7.1. Recteq told me to uninstall and reinstall the app. It’s been working fine ever since.

App has been working fine for me. With that said, I don't rely on the alerts from the app but do use them. They aren't reliable really so never plan on them waking me up but other than that, the temperature and graphs have been fine.

Just got the 590 so haven't used app much, but it's worked well so far for turning on/off and setting the temp. One question for you all though: on the Temperature Chart it ONLY shows my set point and doesn't show/chart the actual temp at all - checked up top that Actual is ticked on, so that isn't issue. Anyone else not get the Actual pit temp on the Temp Chart in app?

Just got the 590 so haven't used app much, but it's worked well so far for turning on/off and setting the temp. One question for you all though: on the Temperature Chart it ONLY shows my set point and doesn't show/chart the actual temp at all - checked up top that Actual is ticked on, so that isn't issue. Anyone else not get the Actual pit temp on the Temp Chart in app?
On my 1250 the chart shows the set temp as the actual temp, does not show the actual temp and only shows one of the probe temps. The temps on the app all show correctly, just does not go into the chart.

I haven’t heard of any updates or fixes, but about a month ago, I had similar issues with my android version 1.7.1. Recteq told me to uninstall and reinstall the app. It’s been working fine ever since.
Ill give that a shot.

Be sure you have all 4 selected to show at the top

You might download a free wifi signal strength app and check it. It could be that the grill has marginal signal from your wifi due to its location/distance from your wireless router.

On my 1250 the chart shows the set temp as the actual temp, does not show the actual temp and only shows one of the probe temps. The temps on the app all show correctly, just does not go into the chart.
I have this exact issue, and only one probe shows on the chart as well. I wish the app was half as good as the grill itself.

The app works for turning the grill on and off but the chart is useless, the alarms and alerts aren't consistent, setting a temperature can be a huge pain, recipes are an extremely crappy web redirect.

I've bought a fireboard2 and use it now instead.

I used the app on iOS last night without issue. I received alerts for both probes as well as when my grill was at temp. Version 2.0.5 Build 826.

That being said, in the past I’ve had to zoom in on the temp history chart in order to scroll right and see the history. I didn’t have that issue last night.

From what I’ve experienced and have heard others experience on this forum is around the holidays the alerts don’t work that great. Many people have said this is due to the overwhelming demand on “their” servers.

All these years and no problems with my app. But lately its really been acting up..no graph, constantly resetting on its own. I can live with it.
Just getting caught up with you all...whats the latest on app updates or rumors of fixes anyone has heard?
Has anyone recently talked to them and asked about or received any new info? Not really sure why the Android vs iOS look so different either. Anyway , nothing new here, just looking for new info if there is any..
I think original app was easier to read and use. Heat graph was better. So ???

You might download a free wifi signal strength app and check it. It could be that the grill has marginal signal from your wifi due to its location/distance from your wireless router.
Thanks all true, but I have great signal its only about 15' from router.
3-4 years of no problems at all before this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back