Stampede 3 uses and dead no resolution from support

Do0zer

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
My reqtec stop working after 3 uses . Support can’t figure out the problem which means I’m on my own with this thing. I have a grill that does not function at all, and rectec won’t do nothing for me. I really regret this purchase. It was a hard choice between a grills and rectec and I made the wrong choice.

Last edited:
Not only would I not expect a reply but according to your profile, you own a RT680 that would be out of any possible warranty I could think of (vintage 2012 + 7 years). Can you let us know your current unit and what the symptoms are? In general, catastrophic failures can be traced easier than random occurrences. The forum has a lot of good people here to help and the more details, the quicker resolution, where possible. (Note: Trolls are exempted from that statement.)

Not only would I not expect a reply but according to your profile, you own a RT680 that would be out of any possible warranty I could think of (vintage 2012 + 7 years). Can you let us know your current unit and what the symptoms are? In general, catastrophic failures can be traced easier than random occurrences. The forum has a lot of good people here to help and the more details, the quicker resolution, where possible. (Note: Trolls are exempted from that statement.)
First after 3 attempts the grill would cut off after a hour with err2. The grill hopper was emptied the auger was cleared and still err 2 after a hour. Also the Wi-Fi unit disconnects after every episode and I have to reconnect it. Support asked my to run the grill with high auger settings for a hour, the grill did not produce a err2 but all heat was lost and the hotpot started overflowing with pellets. Now when you run the grill you hear a horrible grinding sound from the auger and the pellets do not light and the hot pot overflows with pellets. Support doesn’t have a solution for me on this. I am going to contact the attorney general, the bbb and go talk to a lawyer. Because I shouldn’t be having these problems on a brand new grill with no resolution.

First after 3 attempts the grill would cut off after a hour with err2. The grill hopper was emptied the auger was cleared and still err 2 after a hour. Also the Wi-Fi unit disconnects after every episode and I have to reconnect it. Support asked my to run the grill with high auger settings for a hour, the grill did not produce a err2 but all heat was lost and the hotpot started overflowing with pellets. Now when you run the grill you hear a horrible grinding sound from the auger and the pellets do not light and the hot pot overflows with pellets. Support doesn’t have a solution for me on this. I am going to contact the attorney general, the bbb and go talk to a lawyer. Because I shouldn’t be having these problems on a brand new grill with no resolution.
Did you call Recteq?

Mine reqtec stop working after 3 uses . Support can’t figure out the problem which means I’m on my own with this thing. I have a grill that does not function at all, and reqtec won’t do nothing for me. I really regret this purchase. It was a hard choice between a grills and reqtec and I made the wrong choice.
That's odd, because their support is usually outstanding. Have you tried emailing as well as calling? I have had questions answered on weekends. If it just stopped, sounds like a fuse. I had my previous Recteq for 10 years, and had to replace the fuse once. Here is a link to the fuse types: https://www.recteq.com/products/fuse-5a-250v-single.

I called reqtec and they have mentioned that this is very strange year offer no resolution.

I am just stuck with a busted grill o only got to use 3 times.

So much for the warranty

Uhmmmmm; something’s not right here. The OP says he has a “RT-680” (in his profile) that has only been used three times and RT won’t do anything to help.

The 680 hasn’t been made or sold new in 10+ years, so wouldn’t be supported under warranty by any stretch of the imagination. If the OP actually has a different model, purchased fairly recently, even the most jaded of us on the forum wouldn’t think RT would fail to honor its warranty. There has to be more to this story than we’ve heard to date.

Is this grill really a RT-680, or something else? Was it purchased new, or used? How long ago? Things are just not adding up at this point. There are a lot of good folks on this forum that are willing to help, but they need straight answers to do so.

Uhmmmmm; something’s not right here. The OP says he has a “RT-680” (in his profile) that has only been used three times and RT won’t do anything to help.

The 680 hasn’t been made or sold new in 10+ years, so wouldn’t be supported under warranty by any stretch of the imagination. If the OP actually has a different model, purchased fairly recently, even the most jaded of us on the forum wouldn’t think RT would fail to honor its warranty. There has to be more to this story than we’ve heard to date.

Is this grill really a RT-680, or something else? Was it purchased new, or used? How long ago? Things are just not adding up at this point. There are a lot of good folks on this forum that are willing to help, but they need straight answers to do so.
☝️☝️Bingo☝️☝️

I called reqtec and they have mentioned that this is very strange year offer no resolution.

I am just stuck with a busted grill o only got to use 3 times.

So much for the warranty
How long have you owned the grill?

If it is a recent purchase hold fast that they take it back and replace it.

I have a Rt-590 This was the closest option to that in the selection

I am not sure why my model isnt a selection

I guess its listed as stampede but not the model number so I couldn't identify it. Never once heard of it refered to as a stampede.

To be clear this is a brand new RT-590 that stopped working after 3 uses.

I contacted support and was offered no resolution to get my grill working.

I should have got the zero grill

I guess its listed as stampede but not the model number so I couldn't identify it. Never once heard of it refered to as a stampede.

Usually Recteq is responsive. I find it hard to believe they didn't offer suggestions, err 2 is pellets not igniting.

Last edited:

Did you talk to them on the phone or just send an e-mail? If your 590 is less than 4 years old and you are the original owner, it is covered under warranty; by law, they have to resolve the issue. Call on the phone (e-mail just doesn’t get results) and insist on talking to a manager or one of the business owners.

I talked to Jamon on the phone for about 2 hours and Bryan back and forth over email for quite some time as well.

The troubleshooting steps given actually made my grill worse. It never had the grinding noises before and at least before it would start.

I talked to Jamon on the phone for about 2 hours and Bryan back and forth over email for quite some time as well.

The troubleshooting steps given actually made my grill worse. It never had the grinding noises before and at least before it would start.
Is the blower turning, is the ignitor getting hot, clearly it's feeding pellets. I strongly suggest working with them over the phone

I was on the phone for a couple hours with Jamon, and we couldn't get a resolution.

After that when I call: I get voicemail and nobody returns my calls.

I can't even reach support at this point.

I was on the phone for a couple hours with Jamon, and we couldn't get a resolution.

After that when I call: I get voicemail and nobody returns my calls.

I can't even reach support at this point.
In order to find a resolution, you need to identify the problem.

You are the eyes and ears for the tech.

That would be fine if I could actually get one on the phone. I leave messages but they never call me back.
They where responsive over email, and the phone was no problem the first time.
Now I can't reach anyone

That would be fine if I could actually get one on the phone. I leave messages but they never call me back.
They where responsive over email, and the phone was no problem the first time.
Now I can't reach anyone
It's a holiday weekend here right now. The office is not staffed. The code means the smoker is not getting above 180 after thirty minutes. Essentially it is not igniting during the ignition period.

What did RecTeq have you check/do? Did they have you look at the placement of your heating rod?

Empty the burn pot, start up a handful of pellets manually with a propane or culinary torch, fire up your grill and set it to 400 and see if it works besides the ignitor sequence. If everything else works, you've got a super simple fix and you can actually tell support what is actually wrong. Good Luck!

It started before we had it run through the assigned exercise. He had me adjust some auger settings then run it to failure. Nt only did it fail: it blew out the ignition so it will no longer start, also now the auger makes a horrible grinding sound. He said he would have to ask around, then hung up on me. I was unable to get anyone on the line after that: after leaving multiple voicemails and sending multiple emails. I feel I am being screened and ghosted at this point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back