Are there any propane grills that have fire directly on the meat?

rosieparisian

Grill(s) owned
  1. BFG
I've been charcoal grilling for years, but no longer allowed to at my new apartment patio. Seems like all the propane grills have the fire, then steel heating elements, then the grill, then the meat. The fire is so far away from the actual meat with so much metal in between. So the meat is getting cooked through the hot grill grates as well as heat radiating from the heating elements. I want my meat to be cooked fire directly to meat. The grill grates are only there to hold the meat. Any BBQ grill that was designed like this?

I've been charcoal grilling for years, but no longer allowed to at my new apartment patio. Seems like all the propane grills have the fire, then steel heating elements, then the grill, then the meat. The fire is so far away from the actual meat with so much metal in between. So the meat is getting cooked through the hot grill grates as well as heat radiating from the heating elements. I want my meat to be cooked fire directly to meat. The grill grates are only there to hold the meat. Any BBQ grill that was designed like this?
I wish gas grills with lava rock would make a come back. I think the meat taste much better than smoker grills.

Check into Lynx grills. They have an all trident Pro version that has direct fire. Also, you can configure it to use high temperature briquettes and trident sear burners. I love mine but they are a little pricey starting at about $8,000. They have a lower tier model also that starts at around $4500.00 but it uses much cheaper components.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back