A Sous Vide Reheated Brisket.

BNeal

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
I'm telling you - there is no better way to reheat food than this thing!

1670683289401.png

Thank you, @BNeal; I guess that goes on my growing “want list,” along with a new grill, pizza oven, etc. Outfitting a new house isn’t for the faint of heart…or, wallet. At least the Inkbird unit won’t break the bank. Thanks for the info.

Thank you, @BNeal; I guess that goes on my growing “want list,” along with a new grill, pizza oven, etc. Outfitting a new house isn’t for the faint of heart…or, wallet. At least the Inkbird unit won’t break the bank. Thanks for the info.
Lol... I am in the middle of an outdoor kitchen project that's getting quite expensive - and I'm retiring on 12/31. Hope the cash lasts longer than the project!

I understand the whole Sous Vide craze and I have tried it several times but in my opinion, nothing beats having a nice up to temp (usually set at around 160-170F) pizza oven with wood chips or a pellet tube. This combination not only assists in redistributing the original oils and aromas of the brisket (or pulled pork for that matter) and introduces a new, fresh, layer of smoke on top of it. The fresh infusion of smoke in the pizza oven takes it to another level. I especially like my method because I have held the protein at serving temperature for several hours and it only kept getting better without and drying out. I picked up this trick by watching the techniques used by the popular smokehouses. They “hold” meats all day while waiting for them to be served. One place actually uses this hold method overnight by adding a couple of water trays to their warmer ovens. In my case, when it was served, guest thought it was freshly cooked and rested. The amount of smoke flavor that it was emitting was almost equal to the original, as removed from the smoker, smell.

+1 - Yes! The microwave always gives leftover meat a strange taste in my opinion. Using the toaster oven, dries it out. I started putting slices of brisket in Ziploc‘s and letting it warm up in a sauce pan, kind of a poor man’s sous vide. Comes out tasting awesome, and stays juicy. You have to be careful when you’re opening the Ziploc though, because some of that steam can get you

If not Sous Vide and for smaller amounts I always "STEAM" mine for the reheat , Moist and hot...also the main way Katz's does it...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back