Stampede 590 shelf mod

Dan99

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hi All I'm about ready to under take the front shelf mod on my 590.Still have a few questions before starting.
1.What size do I drill out brackets for the RT mounting bolts?
2 What would be a good size for the shelf. I've been looking at stair threads at HD?
3.10/32 x 3/4 wood screws should do the trick to mount the shelf to the brackets.?
Thanks Dan

Last edited:
I need this info as well, I have the brackets and the stair tread. I’d assume the 700 uses the same size bolt?

1. Depends on your bracket but I'd probably pull out one of the bolts, select a drill bit a shade larger than it, and there it is.
2. The shelf on my 590 is 30" X 10" and folds down nice and flat with the completion cart
3. The thickness of your shelf will dictate the screw length assuming you aren't using nuts and bolts to attach the shelf to the brackets.

Attachments

• Shelf Up.jpeg
    Shelf Up.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 496
  • Shelf Down.jpeg
    Shelf Down.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 388
1. Depends on your bracket but I'd probably pull out one of the bolts, select a drill bit a shade larger than it, and there it is.
2. The shelf on my 590 is 30" X 10" and folds down nice and flat with the completion cart
3. The thickness of your shelf will dictate the screw length assuming you aren't using nuts and bolts to attach the shelf to the brackets.
Hi The shelf thickness will be 1". Best way to prepare the shelf for the out side.
Thanks Dan
PS No competition cart here.

There are so many options.

This is just me, I use my shelf as counter space and for cutting. If I were using wood, assuming your board isn't treated with any chemicals; I'd probably go to the local drug store, purchase a bottle of mineral oil, and coat the board on both sides. It's a food-safe product and should help protect the board from cracking etc

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back