Stampede Shelf for Inside the RT-590?

craigcat77

Looking to get a shelf for the interior of the my 590 to give some more cooking space. I've seen the Small Interior Shelf RT sells, but don't like that it only has 2.75 inches of clearance off the main grates.. would like something a little taller to maximize what can be on bottom. Anyone have a good shelf they've bought for inside of the 590?

Both of these are good options since they both slide in and out and are nearly the full width of the cookbox.

One is made from expanded mild steel while the other is made from solid stainless steel rods . I know which one I'd select on materials alone. I looked into both of them but did not purchase either one, though I may one day.

I'm currently using a grilla grills jerky rack with sliding removable stainless shelves, very nice quality and folds up for storage.

Here's a pic without the middle shelf installed.

IMG_3478.JPG
IMG_3480.JPG

Both of these are good options since they both slide in and out and are nearly the full width of the cookbox.

One is made from expanded mild steel while the other is made from solid stainless steel rods . I know which one I'd select on materials alone. I looked into both of them but did not purchase either one, though I may one day.

I'm currently using a grilla grills jerky rack with sliding removable stainless shelves, very nice quality and folds up for storage.

View attachment 16123View attachment 16124
Was looking at this one - seemed like a great option b/c I like ability to remove whatever I use as second shelf when need be. Can you pick and choose which of the three racks you keep in? Feel like this kind of flexibility on how much height I have above/below is preferable

Was looking at this one - seemed like a great option b/c I like ability to remove whatever I use as second shelf when need be. Can you pick and choose which of the three racks you keep in? Feel like this kind of flexibility on how much height I have above/below is preferable
Unfortunately, the top shelf is permanent since it holds the assembly together and is welded to the side supports, the middle and or bottom shelf can be removed as needed. I also use it on my gas Weber so it's not dedicated to the 590 like the other 2 options mentioned.

I built my own rails and then found some stainless racks that fit. I like that I can use both, none or one depending on my cook needs. Added Hooks to the back for storage.
20220517_181057.jpg
20220517_181105.jpg
20220513_142154.jpg
20220517_163659.jpg
20220328_182726.jpg
Screenshot_20220401-072443_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220519-221116_Home Depot.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220519-221116_Home Depot.jpg
    Screenshot_20220519-221116_Home Depot.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
I built my own rails and then found some stainless racks that fit. I like that I can use both, none or one depending on my cook needs. Added Hooks to the back for storage.
View attachment 16188

Great work! I like the idea of using 2 narrow shelves for the option of only using 1 if needed. Where did you source the racks, I've never been able to find any that fit?

I bought a Green Mountain collapsible upper rack and attached a 1/8" cable clamp at each corner, this gives me the ability to use it vertically and horizontally in the grill. When used vertically, the right side of the rack sits on the right side ledge of the grill, which gives you a lot of available grilling/smoking space to the left of the rack.

20230115_131024.jpg

20230115_131016.jpg

20230115_135156.jpg

I notice the upper part of your RTD is touching the hole in the upper rack as it goes thru. I would find a way to keep it from touching, as it will probably absorb heat from the sheet metal and give false temps. RT suggests that the upper tip should be 1/2" away from any side metal to avoid false temps. In addition you might want to see if the temp is correct and adjust the RTD if nec, since there is so much new metal near the tip. Very nice work!

View attachment 16123View attachment 16124
The GrillaGrills jerky rack also fits nicely in the dishwasher with a little maneuvering. One time through a heavy cycle and it comes out like new.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back