Stampede Custom Shelf for RT 590

I believe I saw the Amazon folding shelf brackets that everyone seems to be using (and what I also bought) need to be drilled out for the frame bolt. What drill bit size is used to do this?
I want to have everything ready to install my shelf when I order and receive my 590 👌

The holes that attach the bracket to the smoker’s legs are for a 1/4” bolt. The holes that you use to mount the shelf to the brackets accept a a #10 wood/sheet metal screw. So, just drill a small pilot hole for them.

Thanks. My question was just on the bracket to the frame. For some reason, I thought the hole in the bracket wasnt big enough for the frame bolt. Appreciate the info.

Ok, I see. I haven’t mounted mine yet. I’m still waiting on the stain to dry on my shelf.

Will be purchasing 590....just waiting to see what deals Black Friday bring. That being said, I will be making my own custom front shelf, and want it ready to go when my new 590 arrives. The websites dimensions seem like they are off. From the front, it says from left outside leg to right outside leg is 28", and from the inside of those legs is 27.75".....That would mean each of the legs is .125". Also, the factory front shelf says it is 27.75" wide, which would mean it's not wide enough to attach to the grill.
Can someone please take the actual measurements of the outside and inside leg dimensions?
Here is the finished product.

42568.jpeg

42569.jpeg

42570.jpeg

42572.jpeg

42573.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back