Stampede 590 Grates

garmp

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. RT-300
Thinking about a 590 and wonder about the grates. In the picture it appears that there are two, but the specs says 1. My reason for asking is that I have a plastic storage bin I use for cleaning the grates. Soak them with Dawn for a day and they come clean real easy. I was wondering the size of the grate so it will fit into my cleaning tray. Also what is the size of the grease shield under the grate(s)?

Thanks

The drip tray is a few inches smaller in both directions than both grates combined. TBH, I wouldn't select a grill based on their components fitting in a cleaning container. In fact I've never soaked grill parts overnight to clean them in over 50 years. For the drip tray I use an old 6" drywall knife to scrape off a majority of the drippings, takes less than a minute. For the grates, I use a brush with a strip of wet towel wrapped around it while they are still hot which steam cleans them, takes less than a minute. It doesn't bother me if they're not completely spotless :unsure:

The drip tray is a few inches smaller in both directions than both grates combined. TBH, I wouldn't select a grill based on their components fitting in a cleaning container. In fact I've never soaked grill parts overnight to clean them in over 50 years. For the drip tray I use an old 6" drywall knife to scrape off a majority of the drippings, takes less than a minute. For the grates, I use a brush with a strip of wet towel wrapped around it while they are still hot which steam cleans them, takes less than a minute. It doesn't bother me if they're not completely spotless :unsure:
I wrote larger. My bad. It's tight enough being a little smaller. I claim brain fart.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back