Stampede 5 Giggle hurts question.

DesertRat

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
I guess Google doesn't know the word gigahertz. Aha!, there it is.

I changed ISP providers last week and I'm using a Gateway device that is 5 GHz. In a week or 2 I will be able to alternate it between 5 and 2.4.

But presently I'm wondering if it is possible for my 590 to hook up to the app.I had difficulty getting my security system to even see this provider but finally got it accomplished. I'm about to do some country ribs and a loin, and it's cold and windy outside, and I would prefer doing temperature monitoring inside. Any thoughts on that? Thanks a lot.

I guess Google doesn't know the word gigahertz. Aha!, there it is.

I changed ISP providers last week and I'm using a Gateway device that is 5 GHz. In a week or 2 I will be able to alternate it between 5 and 2.4.

But presently I'm wondering if it is possible for my 590 to hook up to the app.I had difficulty getting my security system to even see this provider but finally got it accomplished. I'm about to do some country ribs and a loin, and it's cold and windy outside, and I would prefer doing temperature monitoring inside. Any thoughts on that? Thanks a lot.
You can split the connection in the setting for the router. That's what I had to do. The newer model grills can connect to 5 ghz but not the older ones. So when you are on your phone or computer, you should see 2 instances of your network. I label one 5ghz and one 2.4ghz with whatever you want to name it. Your ISP should be able to help you if you don't know how to get into the router. Usually you type the IP address of the router in a browser and you need a user/password provided by the ISP. Usually in the documentation for the router.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back