Bullseye 380X Deluxe

Pete 396

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
I am going to sell my B380 and buy a 380X Deluxe. One question I have is on the firebox. I got rainwater in my B380 one time and had the pellet jam. I had just cleaned the grill and had no ashes to absorb any water that got into the grill. That was a bitch to deal with. I do have a cover and use it 99% of the time, I should have used it 100%! I am going to sell this 380 and buy a 380X. One question I have is with the raised firebox (or the raised lip), if water does get into the grill does the raised lip have a gasket to keep the water out of the firebox?

I'm curious about this as well. I would think it would keep the water out from the look of the set-up. I have an original Bullseye as well and got water in a few times but since then, always make sure I put the cover back on and haven't had any issues since.

I always cover mine now too That's BS, as I set here it's not covered! We have a 5-10% chance of rain for the next 5 or 6 days and I'll be using the grill for the next two days. I called recteq yesterday and the raised portion of the firebox is not sealed!! So if you get even a small amount of water in the grill and you don't have enough ashes to absorb it, it will just run into the firebox. I told them they should seal it and that I was going to buy a the 380X but not now. I have a question. I could seal it with silicone, but I don't know about the safety of using the silicone for that propose. I have read about someone who used silicone to seal something in a dishwasher and it made the family sick. Now that I have mentioned it to them, they may make that change. I need to go there and look at one. I live less than two hours from them.

I always cover mine now too That's BS, as I set here it's not covered! We have a 5-10% chance of rain for the next 5 or 6 days and I'll be using the grill for the next two days. I called recteq yesterday and the raised portion of the firebox is not sealed!! So if you get even a small amount of water in the grill and you don't have enough ashes to absorb it, it will just run into the firebox. I told them they should seal it and that I was going to buy a the 380X but not now. I have a question. I could seal it with silicone, but I don't know about the safety of using the silicone for that propose. I have read about someone who used silicone to seal something in a dishwasher and it made the family sick. Now that I have mentioned it to them, they may make that change. I need to go there and look at one. I live less than two hours from them.
There is high-temp food safe silicone. Amazon has some.

There is high-temp food safe silicone. Amazon has some.
Cool, I knew I could find something, I'm still researching the 380X. I have an intermittent issue with my B380 I need to address so I can sell it. It doesn't start some time. Tonight I had to turn it on/off three times. The igniter wasn't heating up. I going to YouTube to see if I can find a video on the replacement. Thanks for the help with the food safe silicone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back