Bull 10 lb Brisket flat

Beerlord

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Gonna do a flat for Christmas Eve and was thinking I'd put it on the Bull at about 11 pm Wednesday night at about 200-215 and let it go until about 7 am. Then wrap and move on from there. I plan on keeping it simple with only salt, pepper and garlic and inject with a little beef stock. Do you think it will be ok at 200 or so for 8 hours alone?

You don't say what you're concerned with but I did an all night butt last night and just took the phone into the bedroom with me, making sure the notification alarm was set right. Figured if the smoker acted up it'd wake me.

I have placed the fat cap down and placed a few strips of bacon on the top. It didn't have any noticeable impact on flavor. Throw the bacon away after cook.

I did a 6 lb flat last week and had dry results. I had it on at 1am, let it get mostly through the stall before wrapping in butcher paper, and then took off at 198* at around 3pm. Only had time for a 90 min rest before serving.
I think next time I will wrap it earlier in the stall to try and force it through without drying out as much.

Yea, I'm rethinking what I may do and going all OCD on it. :)
May just smoke it a few hours at 225-250 then put it in the oven. Got too much going on this week but it ain't going to waste!

Brisket flats are very challenging. I would read this cook

"A brisket flat may be the hardest piece of meat to smoke & have it turn out tender & juicy. " I kind of agree.

I want to smoke another corned beef brisket, YUM :)

Just wanted to say that even though I cooked my brisket the night before (finished at 11 pm) and we didn't get the chance to enjoy it fresh off the grill, reheating today went well and this brisket had a great smoke ring, wonderfully tender and absolutely tasty. Other than eating it right off the smoker, I wouldn't change a thing and everyone loved it.
And there's just enough left for me to have for lunch tomorrow.
Hope everyone else enjoyed their day as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back