Bull Won’t Connect to Wifi

Armadillo59

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Looks like RecTeq updated the app last night and now my smoker won’t connect to the WiFi. I tried deleting and repairing it and it’s not working. Not sure what’s up.

make sure location is turned on on the phone. Ask me how I know this!!

My transition was seamless. Downloaded the update a few days ago, made some homemade pizza today and everything worked great. I was able to get 565° out of my Bull for some tastey pies!

20210808_182641.jpg
20210808_190327.jpg
20210808_184539.jpg

That's some good looking Pizza. To me, pellet grills do give it that wood fired oven taste (plus, you can always add more smokiness if you wish. 🔥

I’m the past I’ve not only deleted/reinstalled the app, but also rebooted the phone. Worked after the reboot for some reason.

Same problems, restarted, rebooted the smoker, new app, deleted old smoker, rebooted wifi, disabled 5g.. nothing for me works.

Talked with rectec support, turns out it's an issue connecting to my network for some reason, was able to connect to a hotspot really quick, but it wont connect to my 2.4ghz network.

Edit; spun up a new dedicated 2.4 network for it and it's all good now.

Last edited:
Received RT700 yesterday, put it together App Doesn’t work for me either!

I checked too before firing it up. Didn't use the probes, but didn't have any issues with the 1.71.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back