Winter, BBQ sales seem to have dried up.

Gonefishin

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
I've been looking for ribs to go on sale at any of the area (New England) grocers, absolutely nothing for the last 6-8 weeks. Before that one or more of the store had them every other week or so, now nothing. Thinking they quit putting anything BBQ related on sale for the cold months, just wondering if it's the same where ever you folks are?

Should have stocked up more then 4 of each in the fall. Last I saw was butts go down to .99 lb back in October, ribs a few weeks before that.

I just picked some standing rib roast to tide me over to the new year. 5.49lb normally 8.99lb. I think there are sales but gotta find them and catch them (y)

I just picked some standing rib roast to tide me over to the new year. 5.49lb normally 8.99lb. I think there are sales but gotta find them and catch them (y)
I picked up a beef rib roast for $4.88 per pound at Safeway, one per customer. I think this is the same as a ribeye roast???

November and December tend to lean on turkey, ham, and beef roasts for holiday meat sales. There can still be sales on other things lately, just may not be as prominent.

That's what I see locally here, no pork ribs though.

Last edited:
I picked up a beef rib roast for $4.88 per pound at Safeway, one per customer. I think this is the same as a ribeye roast???
I believe they are the same. It was labeled as standing rib roast but I knew when I saw it they were "ribeye roast". Fortunately I wasn't limited to one but I wasn't too greedy either.

I believe they are the same. It was labeled as standing rib roast but I knew when I saw it they were "ribeye roast". Fortunately I wasn't limited to one but I wasn't too greedy either.
My mystery meat is a boneless spiral ham that I got from Sam's club. This will be our Christmas ham.

I picked up 2 baby back ribs for $2.89 / lb at Aldi's recently. A little over 4 lbs each. Also our local Sam's has 3 pack baby back & also full cut ribs. Had good luck with Sam's ribs. Had to freeze the Aldi's ribs, so haven't thawed them out yet to see how they are. I'm going to Sam's tomorrow for other things & will check the price, etc. Our other local groceries are Publix (ribs are pricey) and some speciality stores (mostly higher prices). This is in Florida & we are not as seasonal as up north.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dkroll
Back