Bull Whole Turkey

Egan

First post. I tried searching but got too many results that didn't apply.

I'm trying to decide between the 700 and 590. We're mostly cooking for 2-6 people at a time including a couple of 12-16" pizzas at the same time, but otherwise chicken breasts, hamburgers, steaks, ribs, etc. But we always have a challenge at Thanksgiving with 15-18 people over and a 25lb turkey that barely fits in the oven and blocks everything else. Can a whole 25lb turkey fit in either the 700 or 590? I assume height is the bigger issue although weight might play in as well.

First post. I tried searching but got too many results that didn't apply.

I'm trying to decide between the 700 and 590. We're mostly cooking for 2-6 people at a time including a couple of 12-16" pizzas at the same time, but otherwise chicken breasts, hamburgers, steaks, ribs, etc. But we always have a challenge at Thanksgiving with 15-18 people over and a 25lb turkey that barely fits in the oven and blocks everything else. Can a whole 25lb turkey fit in either the 700 or 590? I assume height is the bigger issue although weight might play in as well.
I have done one that large in my 700 with great results. You will want to spatchcock the bird. That takes a good quality set of shears.

36368.jpeg
36374.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back