Stampede White Smoke Explosion

I’ve had the same issue. I clean my 590 about every other cook. I’m not sure if I cleaned out too many pellets in the fire pot or not. I was pre-heating for a cook and started the heat. It took a little longer than I was used to and then BOOM! Blew the lid open and plenty of smoke. It wasn’t white, more of a dirty brown, which is indicative of incomplete combustion. that was the first and last time I had that issue. I make sure not to vacuum out the very end of the tube while cleaning. Don’t know if that is the fix but I have had no issues since.

Newer dual band or older 590? The newer can up updated.

Reported to the folks at Recteq?

I always start up with lid up and always will, lid down makes zero sense. It is important however to ensure the grill is level, as the design doesn't lend well to grease making it's way down to the spout and out.

I always start up with lid up and always will, lid down makes zero sense. It is important however to ensure the grill is level, as the design doesn't lend well to grease making it's way down to the spout and out.
We're gonna need automated lid lifters. What good is the app if I have to be right next to the grill when starting it?

Reported to the folks at Recteq

Reported to the folks at Recteq?
I am not sure about the dual band. I purchased it Aug 2021. I did not report it to recteq because it has not happened again. Since I stopped being so aggressive while cleaning the fire pot it has not happened again. I’ve had well over 100 cooks since then and no trouble.

I am not sure about the dual band. I purchased it Aug 2021. I did not report it to recteq because it has not happened again. Since I stopped being so aggressive while cleaning the fire pot it has not happened again. I’ve had well over 100 cooks since then and no trouble.

Good stuff.. guess just see what happens. It is not limited to Recteq if you search around. You can always default to the open lid when igniting but in rare cases it has been reported to happen once up to temp and during cooking. Likely nothing to worry about just to be conscious of it can happen when a situation is not perfect in combustion.

We're gonna need automated lid lifters. What good is the app if I have to be right next to the grill when starting it?

Reckon we all use the App for different reasons, turning off and on with the App wasn't a selling point for me, but understand why some like that. I shut down occasionally with App and adjust the temps, just don't start up with it.

Reckon we all use the App for different reasons, turning off and on with the App wasn't a selling point for me, but understand why some like that. I shut down occasionally with App and adjust the temps, just don't start up with it.
All that's left then is temperature control and off. That's a 33% loss of the features that do work! ;)

OK. So because of this issues with this grill I haven’t used it in quite a while, then Rec Teq sent me a new blower motor to replace the old one and…lo and behold when I opened up the panel, I found a completely unattached wire leading to the blower. Although this probably was the culprit, I replaced the motor just in case…stay tuned!

F474703D-5BE7-4B7C-920F-37C002F4C8D6.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back