Which grill to buy

RecteqRookie

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
Ready to buy my first Recteq, but can't decide which one to buy. The trailblazer would probably be big enough since I'm single with no kids, but I do like to meal prep for the week. Maybe the next size up would be beneficial. What does everyone think?

I just got the 590 last weekend. Was deciding between the 590 and 700, I will probably regret going with the smaller one eventually. Saying that the 590 is the perfect size, not too small or big.

Ready to buy my first Recteq, but can't decide which one to buy. The trailblazer would probably be big enough since I'm single with no kids, but I do like to meal prep for the week. Maybe the next size up would be beneficial. What does everyone think?
Bigger is usually always better if you have room for it.

I have the Trailblazer, it works fine for 2 of us. Something to be aware of is that you only have the the size of the drip pan as opposed to the grate size if you don't want drips falling down into the the insides of the grill body.

My suggestion is to buy the most that you have physical and financial room for. If you can afford and have space for the Stampede get that. If you only have room and/or budget for the Trailblazer get that. Either way you can cook some great food.

590 owner here. Just myself and the wife. A lot of the time, I'm doing smaller cooks . I actually use my MES 40 more than the RT for these small cooks just for the simple fact that it is way more economical using the electric for heat source and a pellet tube or tray full of pellets. Ribs and chicken, they always get the RT because always make more for future meals.
Lot of wasted pellet fuel heating up bigger chamber if just doing small IMO. Any of the RT's will treat you right though. Good luck with decision. . .

If it is just you and you don’t entertain much, you will probably be fine with the Trailblazer. With the small add on shelf, I can do 3 racks of ribs or about 50 or so small chicken wings (I think, it’s been a while since I did a full load of wings). With the shelf out I can smoke two medium size butts. In my case it is me and the wife, plus one or two kids, depending on college schedule. Plus we frequently socialize with the neighbors. Well, we did before Covid anyway. So if someone asks me if I have any regrets getting a Recteq, my honest answer is a yes and no. I’m glad I got a RecTeq, but I wish I would have gotten a bigger one. I see a Bull in my future.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back