About to buy a New Pellet Grill

Deepfork

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
Probably get the RT 700 instead of the 1250 since I don't see an advantage in the 1250 except more room and a front shelf. Is that correct and what accessories would you get?

With the Father’s Day sale they have going on the 1250 is only $160 more and you get the front shelf with better hinges, second rack, and a power outlet ( which would let you plug your Bullseye into). If I were buying right now it would be the 1250. If you are already stretching your budget and don’t want to spend any more the 700 is a great grill.

As far as accessories, if you don’t have another means of getting a good sear then you’ll want the GrillGrates. I like the recteq cover but there is a love/hate relationship with those on this forum.

With the Father’s Day sale they have going on the 1250 is only $160 more and you get the front shelf with better hinges, second rack, and a power outlet ( which would let you plug your Bullseye into). If I were buying right now it would be the 1250. If you are already stretching your budget and don’t want to spend any more the 700 is a great grill.

As far as accessories, if you don’t have another means of getting a good sear then you’ll want the GrillGrates. I like the recteq cover but there is a love/hate relationship with those on this forum.
Yeah, the 1250 sale is killer. If I had stumbled into Recteq right about now and didn't have any other grill, I'd be all over the 1250 like a fat kid on Smarties.........;):LOL:

And, as far as covers ? My personal opinion is that there are much better covers to be had on AMZN, for significantly lower cost......

Probably get the RT 700 instead of the 1250 since I don't see an advantage in the 1250 except more room and a front shelf. Is that correct and what accessories would you get?
Bought the RT 700 today and have already cooked on it!! It was AMAZING! I didn’t think I needed the front shelf. Didn’t see a lot of difference in them

If you want the front shelf or the top rack, but the 1250. If you don’t ever think you’ll want that, buy the 700 and enjoy the light.

I can’t imagine not having the front folding shelf. Also, the included 1250 shelf is far better than the optional 700 shelf.

The front shelf is nice. You can’t go wrong with either one. I’ve had a RT 700 for a year now. I absolutely love it. Keeps temps within 2 or 3°.

New to Recteq and went with the 700. Also have PB vertical smoker and 35” Blackstone so I had to keep in mind how much room I had on my cooking deck

Used a Weber Genesis nat gas for many years and also Weber Kettle.

Wish I had made the switch before now.

700 fits my needs perfect but just wife and I here but plenty of room when our adult kids and their spouses come

I did get the grlllgrates and would suggest those, I am like a lot that I get obsessed with grill marks for some reason but do like them

Even though My cooking deck has a roof over It I still got the cover for it , like keeping all my stuff out of weather

I did not opt for front shelf but thinking about adding it

I do not think you will regret the 700 but for difference in price the right now be hard to pass up the 1250.

Go with the 1250. I bought the 700. There was no 1250. When that came out a few months after I purchased the 700 I was really disappointed. I wished that I would have waited a few more months. i don’t care what some may say but size matters. You will get more bang for the buck with the 1250.

I fell into the hype about the Bullseye. I was one of those that stayed up late to put in my order when they were going to be available to make sure that I got one. One of the worst purchases I ever made. It is a total POS. Always having problems. No way would I buy the new and improve for almost $900

New to Recteq and went with the 700. Also have PB vertical smoker and 35” Blackstone so I had to keep in mind how much room I had on my cooking deck

Used a Weber Genesis nat gas for many years and also Weber Kettle.

Wish I had made the switch before now.

700 fits my needs perfect but just wife and I here but plenty of room when our adult kids and their spouses come

I did get the grlllgrates and would suggest those, I am like a lot that I get obsessed with grill marks for some reason but do like them

Even though My cooking deck has a roof over It I still got the cover for it , like keeping all my stuff out of weather

I did not opt for front shelf but thinking about adding it

I do not think you will regret the 700 but for difference in price the right now be hard to pass up the 1250.
You and me both new to my RT-700 bought on March, so I went ahead and ordered the front shelve and love it! I have had vertical smokers, 3 Weber kettle smokers and my Weber grill.

20230608_184011.jpg

Well, went to the site yesterday to buy the 1250 and guess what? The 1250 is not on sale anymore but the 700 is. Bought the 700 and the competition cart. I'll add the shelf later. Guess I should have bought the 1250 earlier but I didn't expect the sale to change before Father's Day. I'll be very happy with the 700 and the heavy duty wheels of the competition cart. Thanks for all the advice!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back