What happened to my RecTeq website account?

El Kabong NDN

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Granted, it had been a year or so since I visited, but yesterday during my pork roast cook (which turned out well as usual) on my Bull, I broke the fold-out shelf (due to my own clumsiness) and also realized I was running out of nitrile gloves, so I visited the website to place an order.

My email came back as "no account found" and I had to create a new one, meaning all my previous orders were no longer available.

Was there some kind of "you have to renew" announcement that I missed or my spam filter ate? I'm kinda bummed.

When they updated their website about six (?) months ago, they did not carry over the user accounts. Apparently they have records for warranty purposes, but you'll have to start over creating a new account.

I believe @Pacman has nailed it, but one thing that continues to be a challenge for me is my password manager always defaults to my recteq app login credentials when I am trying to log into my recteq online/shopping account. Just throwing this out there as Plan B if that might be a possibility.

Yep, @Pacman hit it right on the nose…as usual. Same thing happened to me. They do have records to document warranties, but customer access to previous orders is gone. Not the way a quality IT department would make a migration to a new system.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back