Bullseye Using Weber rotisserie and lid

Hobie16

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
Using my Weber rotisserie and lid to cook chicken. Works great so don’t toss the 22” Weber lid and rotisserie.

8EA01164-19BF-440E-AC3F-2CCBFB6354C0.jpeg

B5F41089-C4FE-4214-B47B-311A37B7A12D.jpeg

969CEB92-FC5C-4E93-B50A-E44FF70EC820.jpeg

So, can you smoke with that now too? Size-wise looks great for smaller smokes. Seems like there are supports for a grate at the top of the collar, which would give plenty of distance from the heat source.
Just wondering if it would be more pellet efficient for just a small flat, a single rack or a small shoulder.
Genius Frankengrill. Congrats.

Nice. Looks like a perfect fit too.
Fits like a glove. I did drill 6 1/4 inch holes in the back of the old Weber lid to vent smoke as I didn't want to open top vents as that would allow for heat loss. As for the chicken, very moist and delicious. With the Weber lid (not using the rotisserie section) enough height is added to allow me to also smoke beer can chicken.

So, can you smoke with that now too? Size-wise looks great for smaller smokes. Seems like there are supports for a grate at the top of the collar, which would give plenty of distance from the heat source.
Just wondering if it would be more pellet efficient for just a small flat, a single rack or a small shoulder.
Genius Frankengrill. Congrats.
Will be smoking a pork loin with rotisserie this weekend.

Nope but, I could if I wanted to (except burgers, salmon, chicken wings and pizza).
Actually you could all those, but for the pizza, with a basket. Ribs too. I have this basket that I use on my Wyldside. Chicken wings when it is set up as a basket tumbler, ribs when set up with the flats. You would just confirm there is enough space for it under that lid.

Pork loin is great! I also bought a “Ferris wheel” type shelf on Amazon that fits on the spindle. It has been great for chicken quarters or chicken wings. Buying the Weber ring and motor opens up a whole new world for the Bullseye.

You are the man!

Very creative. That’s why we are issued a brain! Keep us posted on the end results. You may have created a new useful purpose for the Bullseye. I have been told you don’t need a rotisserie with a smoker because it will automatically infuse the protein with smoke if you keep it closed. But now we have “live fire drills“ being conducted and can live vicariously through your eyes and experiences. Yay, Good for us.

I bought the Weber rotisserie for my Bullseye and the DRG high lift hinge. Would sell them for the right $. Didn't see enough difference between chicken on the rotisserie and a spatchcocked chicken. We just moved to a condo so storage space is more limited also.

I bought the Weber rotisserie for my Bullseye and the DRG high lift hinge. Would sell them for the right $. Didn't see enough difference between chicken on the rotisserie and a spatchcocked chicken. We just moved to a condo so storage space is more limited also.
Graying…
Thanks for the update. It kind of confirms what I was thinking. Smoke is smoke and it doesn’t matter if you are static or rotating for the protein’s infusion. The spatchcock method seems to allow better absorption of smoke due to the increased surface area exposure of the protein, but I’m just guessing. A benefit I appraciate when using a gasser with a rotisserie is the ability to have potato chip like skin crispness, but that can also be duplicated by reverse searing the spatchcocked skin on grill grates or using a sear burner. For chicken, the RT products do a reasonable job. Another positive for using a rotisserie is the self-basting that renders an extremely tender and juicy bird (my friends say it is better than Costco‘s). Unfortunately, I have to use a smoke tube to enhance the smoke profile which is/was the exciting part of the Bullseye mod to me. Still looking forward to updates.

Still using it and what a moist chicken it makes.
I wish I had purchase this instead of the OnlyFire pizza oven. Mine doesn’t have the rotisserie and I went back to making pizza on my 700 so the pizza oven attachment just sits.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back