Thermoworks is woke?

Pacman

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
So I really like Thermoworks products, but I discovered something crazy just a minute ago.

I'm doing a basic cook of some chicken breasts this evening. I tried naming my Thermoworks session as. wait for it...."Chicken Breasts". I've been censored. After repeated attempts, the session gets automatically renamed, "Chicken xxxxxx".

I can only imagine choosing a more "woke" and "offensive" name for food. Unbelievable!

So I really like Thermoworks products, but I discovered something crazy just a minute ago.

I'm doing a basic cook of some chicken breasts this evening. I tried naming my Thermoworks session as. wait for it...."Chicken Breasts". I've been censored. After repeated attempts, the session gets automatically renamed, "Chicken xxxxxx".

I can only imagine choosing a more "woke" and "offensive" name for food. Unbelievable!
I'm amazed it allowed chicken. Wouldn't that offend the vegans?🤔

Ok, full disclosure, I actually emailed their customer service on the absurdity. I very quickly got a reply back. When they began allowing people to share their cooking sessions on their website, it apparently got a little nutty. They started using a generic language filter on session names and notes. They acknowledged that the filter needed a little fine tuning.

Of course, in my original message I sarcastically asked if I was required to list a "preferred pronoun" of what I was cooking. They apparently enjoyed my message and advised, "You needn't worry about requirements for preferred pronouns! Your dinner likely won't have a preference of any kind :)"

Long story short, the Thermoworks folks are still good people.

...and the breasts were juicy and tender.

Something’s not right here! I just went into my TW app and named a session “Chicken Breast” and had no issue doing so. Then, I went in and renamed the session “Pork Butt.” Again, absolutely no issue.

I think accusing TW of being “woke” (whatever the H-E-Double-Toothpicks that is supposed to mean) was a disservice.

Well @Jim6820 , here's another excerpt from their very prompt reply....

"For the moment, 'breasts' is indeed filtered out, but 'breast', singular, is not."

When they began allowing people to share their cooking sessions on their website, it apparently got a little nutty. They started using a generic language filter on session names and notes. They acknowledged that the filter needed a little fine tuning.
Okay, now I officially want to know what people were naming their cooking sessions. Apparently I haven’t been creative enough 🤣

Well @Jim6820 , here's another excerpt from their very prompt reply....

"For the moment, 'breasts' is indeed filtered out, but 'breast', singular, is not."
Thanks for the update. I did confirm that “breasts” (and, several other more colloquial references to them ;)) will only record as “xxxxxxx.” Just found out that sessions can be shared on the TW website, so I guess there needs to be some kind of filtering to avoid potential legal consequences.

As for the term “woke,” I guess what it means to this old guy is “not asleep.” That happens to me about once a night; usually around 2:30 am when my evening beverage decides it is time to leave the building. :ROFLMAO:

Okay, now I officially want to know what people were naming their cooking sessions. Apparently I haven’t been creative enough 🤣
So it feels like time to really push the boundaries. I have a few ideas. Is it possible to be banned on Thermoworks, like Twitter or Trashbook?

Something’s not right here! I just went into my TW app and named a session “Chicken Breast” and had no issue doing so. Then, I went in and renamed the session “Pork Butt.” Again, absolutely no issue.

I think accusing TW of being “woke” (whatever the H-E-Double-Toothpicks that is supposed to mean) was a disservice.
"THEY" have made the bed..... Glad it was something else, as far as TW was concerned. Our Academy Team Names got pretty much full of "Adult Innuendos".

Innuendo? I’m nervously clutching my pearls, because my innocent eyeballs can’t handle such things 🤣.
Are you referring to the pearl necklace?
Music Video 80S GIF

I can only imagine choosing a more "woke" and "offensive" name for food. Unbelievable

I refuse to use the term “woke.” I prefer Loons at Largo.

Oh well, just another reason for me not to overpay for a thermometer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dkroll
Back