Stampede Sunday first Pork Belly

Foodkid

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I am going to cook My first Pork Belly on the 590 this weekend (Sunday). The cook plan is as follows. 1. cut pork belly into small cubes 2. liberally season with Rec-Teq Asian persuasion using Hosin sauce as a binder. 3. Put in 590 till inside temp reaches 160. 4. wrap in foil with some of my Asian Barb b q sauce. 5. Take off the foil at 195 put back on 590 brush with the sauce till it tightens up a little. 6. Let rest and serve with baby bok choy and rice. All comments and ideas are welcomed

Hey kid, sounds like a good cook. I have never used any sort of binder when rubbing the PB cubes. I just put the rub right on nekkid. What temp are you setting the pit for? I usually set at 225 with extreme smoke until I wrap which is when I bump it up to 250.

Hey kid, sounds like a good cook. I have never used any sort of binder when rubbing the PB cubes. I just put the rub right on nekkid. What temp are you setting the pit for? I usually set at 225 with extreme smoke until I wrap which is when I bump it up to 250.
225 the whole cook. You are probably right I don't need a binder just trying to add a little extra flavor

I am going to cook My first Pork Belly on the 590 this weekend (Sunday). The cook plan is as follows. 1. cut pork belly into small cubes 2. liberally season with Rec-Teq Asian persuasion using Hosin sauce as a binder. 3. Put in 590 till inside temp reaches 160. 4. wrap in foil with some of my Asian Barb b q sauce. 5. Take off the foil at 195 put back on 590 brush with the sauce till it tightens up a little. 6. Let rest and serve with baby bok choy and rice. All comments and ideas are welcomed
Let us know how it turned out and don't forget the pics.

What time is dinner? If I leave now...... 🤣😉

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back