Bullseye St Louis Style Ribs on Bullseye?

charlesrshell

Pellet Grill Rookie
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
Going to try out St Louis style ribs on my Bullseye. Any suggestions on temp setting? Not using a rib rack, no wrapping, no spritzing, and no sear grate plates. Plan on using just salt and pepper and BBQ sauce last hour or so. Thanks for any help.

I think you have a lot of flexibility there as ribs are usually not temperamental. I usually cook baby backs (wife’s favorite) at 235* and St. Louis style (my favorite) at 275*. The only real reason I do those differently is it’s usually the same amount of time to cook them at those temps. Rodney Scott once gave me a tour of his pit room and they cook pork spare ribs at 275*.

Going to try out St Louis style ribs on my Bullseye. Any suggestions on temp setting? Not using a rib rack, no wrapping, no spritzing, and no sear grate plates. Plan on using just salt and pepper and BBQ sauce last hour or so. Thanks for any help.
I cook them the same way and start off at 225 degrees for a few hours and end up at 350ish in the last part of the cook applying BBQ sauce in the last hour, total time 5 to 6+ hours or so.
https://theonlinegrill.com/how-to-tell-when-ribs-are-done/

Last edited:
I'll add, just make sure you get the silver skin off the back or they will tough to bite through...

Other then that the gentleman above have spot on advice
Too late, they have been on the grill for 1-1/2 hours now. I have never taken off the skin on ribs.

Ribs turned out awesome. I think I am going to use LJ Competition Blend from now on. I have used Cherry and Hickory Blends before and I thought the meat had a funny taste. Cooked ribs for four hours at 275. Turned once for last ten minutes to sear them up a little. One slab broke. I guess I over cooked it. What do you think @BethV?

Attachments

• Cook 11 Oct 2020-1.jpg
    Cook 11 Oct 2020-1.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 131
  • Cook 11 Oct 2020-2.jpeg
    Cook 11 Oct 2020-2.jpeg
    307 KB · Views: 145
That's great. We like them with a little pull. Others like them fall off the bone. That's the beauty of the ribs. You can have them anyway you want!
OK, now I know what you mean. We don't like the fall off the bone either. They had a little pull.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back