Stampede Soon to be a new 590 owner

Marshall

Military Veteran
I just ordered my 590 with the folding shelf.

I'm just north of the SC and NC state line so hopefully it won't take long to get here.

I decided to not order pellets and go with locally sourced pellets (PitBoss Competition Pellets from Tractor Supply) as well as the left over Traeger pellets I have (two 5 gallon buckets).

Thanks for sticking with me as I went back and forth trying to decide which model to get. As much as I would like to have a 1250 it is just way overkill for my situation. So are the 700 and the 1050. Practicality won out over greed.

I just ordered my 590 with the folding shelf.

I'm just north of the SC and NC state line so hopefully it won't take long to get here.

I decided to not order pellets and go with locally sourced pellets (PitBoss Competition Pellets from Tractor Supply) as well as the left over Traeger pellets I have (two 5 gallon buckets).

Thanks for sticking with me as I went back and forth trying to decide which model to get. As much as I would like to have a 1250 it is just way overkill for my situation. So are the 700 and the 1050. Practicality won out over greed.
I have owned four different models of Rec Teq, My current model is a 590 and I am very pleased with the size , construction and performance.
Enjoy your new machine !

Have had a 590 and bought 2 more for my children. All have been super both in cooking and reliability. I have replaced mine with 1070 (in which the barrel is a similar design) and am pleased with it as well. I think you will be happy with the 590. Enjoy!!

My 590 has plenty of room only use about half the space when cooking for a fam of 4. It all comes down to how much room you need for your cooks

Last edited:
Congrats on your purchase....
Matching the tool to the job works best. It reminds me of the dude driving the F250 when they never need anything bigger than a Ranger, bragging rights, lol. I got the 590 over the 700 and have never wished I bought the 700 instead.
When I need some additional space I use either a jerky rack or upper grate.

IMG_3479.JPG

IMG_3992.JPG

It's basically just the wife and me as the kids live 400 miles away. I'll invite some neighbors and of course cook for the kids when they visit but 90% of the time it is just the two of us.

It reminds me of the dude driving the F250 when they never need anything bigger than a Ranger...
Phew! I dodged a couple of bullets on this one. I have a filthy F350 that is used as a truck was intended (loaded full or towing something heavy) and a 1250 that I fill up from time to time. Of course sometimes the truck just goes to fetch groceries and the 1250 is "filled" with a cook this size.

IMG_0084.jpeg

Enjoy the new cooker @Marshall ! I'm sure it will be great!

I have owned four different models of Rec Teq, My current model is a 590 and I am very pleased with the size , construction and performance.
Enjoy your new machine !
I have cooked with pellets for 20 years (Traeger). Have a new RT590. This week I did 8 chicken halves for a birthday party we had, and cooked separately brisket, pulled pork shoulder, and 4 Racks St Louis ribs for a Texas BBQ party. All came out perfect! Very happy so far!

You should be very happy with it. Been grillin about 60 years and just 3 years ago turned to a 590. I'm talking from split 50 gallon oil drums ,green eggs in 1973,weber kettles,brinkmans,texas smokers,heck even a couple gas things! My 590 is big enough for the 2 of us and as much company as I want. Just means I might get to cook longer. But! Just can't bring myself to get rid of the old Weber bouy.

Also waiting on my 590
delivery after totally over analyzing options for about 2 years. Very excited.

This is the hard part....waiting for that truck to show up.

Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

Congrats!
I hurt my back twice this week lifting more weight than I should be handling. The hard part is going to be putting the legs, wheels, and shelf then not being able to ligt it up onto its wheels. LOL.

But I have already lined up a neighbor to help with that. If ll goes well I will do the burn in on Thursday then cook some chicken thighs.

Also waiting on my 590
delivery after totally over analyzing options for about 2 years. Very excited.
I only agonized of the options and which RecTeq to buy for about a month. Only two of us 90% of the time.

It's basically just the wife and me as the kids live 400 miles away. I'll invite some neighbors and of course cook for the kids when they visit but 90% of the time it is just the two of us.
Same here. Two of us. I was going to order the 410, but the 14# hopper bothered me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back