Bull Smoker Box

Kawasaki2374

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Stampede
Installed smoker box grates don't fit worth a crap. I realize they need to slide out they could be 1/8" wider and still work. Just barely touch they fall. Any quick fixes thanks

Installed smoker box grates don't fit worth a crap. I realize they need to slide out they could be 1/8" wider and still work. Just barely touch they fall. Any quick fixes thanks
That's odd. Just got my smoker box and grates fit so tight I can barely get them in and out.

Something is not right there.... My grates in my smoker box fit in the sliding channels just fine, with no danger of falling out if they are bumped, etc. I would contact RT customer support (by phone if you can), and work with them to remedy the situation. They should be completely stable, and (for Mike) not hard to get in/out either!

Good luck!

Rich

I contacted them they are sending new ones out. So we will see.
If all the grates are loose, I would think the problem is with the box itself. It’s hard to imagine the dimensions of all three grates being off, the smoke box width would be what I would suspect. Can you measure and post the width of your grates, to compare with what others are measuring?

I just checked mine-right at 12-7/8” wide.

12 13/16 so only a 1/16 but it barely catches. It's like a balancing act one false move and it's like jenga they all fall down lol

Not to ask a dumb question/sound like a jerk but did you try turning them 90 degrees?
Sometimes the easiest thing is right in front of our face and we don't even think about it. God knows how many times i did stuff like that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back