RT-1250 Smoked Salami

Cx5wards

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
I smoked 6 rolls on the 1250. They were awesome. 5 hours smoke time.

AFF76424-006D-4924-861A-EA26B2B25FAE.jpeg

Looks tasty! Nice job. What type of salami did you use? Homemade or store-bought? Any special prep steps involved?

I love hard salami but somehow never thought about tossing it in the smoker. Giving me ideas, though.
Yes it was homemade. I use hamburger with spices and curing salt. You can google homemade salami and it will bring up several recipes. If you want mine I can post it.

Well that just sounds way too simple. Yes, please share.
How do you handle the drying part? Salt box, cooler, nail in the rafters?

I don’t do a drying process at all. Maybe that is something to consider. My family all said this was the best I have ever done. Below is the recipe I used for the salami. I used 6 pounds of hamburger and made 6 individual 1 pound rolls and set the smoker to 215 for 6 hours. The internal temp was around 200 degrees. Hopefully you will be able to enlarge this so you can read it.

88CEC4AC-37E2-4DBC-8691-136D246CF5A7.jpeg

OK, no casing and 8 hours at basically dehydrator temps in the oven. I get it now.
Its so simple I think I'm going to have to try it. Thanks for sharing.

OK, no casing and 8 hours at basically dehydrator temps in the oven. I get it now.
Its so simple I think I'm going to have to try it. Thanks for sharing.
What temperature do set your oven to when you are dehydrating? Do you use the same temp for everything or does the temp change depending on what you are dehydrating?

180 fan is lowest I can set it. Pretty sure it’s lower in reality but never bothered to probe it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back