Smokebox

bhbeck

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Has anyone actually been able to buy the smokebox for the 700 lately? I have been checking the site almost daily for it to come back from out of stock for what it seems like 1.5 years. Customer service is no help, they claim its not discontinued and "will be in stock soon". I just wish i could get an honest respond from them. Its even on sale right now even though they probably sold one in years.

I check every day also. I also heard there is no intent to retire the item, but they cant tell you when it will be available.

They are sitting on a cargo ship out in the ocean waiting to be brought into port.

Thor - did you get that from Recteq? They wouldnt acknowledge that only they dont know when they will be back in stock.

Thor - did you get that from Recteq? They wouldnt acknowledge that only they dont know when they will be back in stock.
They are in the yellow container:
download.jpg

Problem is, without Recteq coming right out and saying they are stuck on a container ship, it is not a fact, just a supposition. May be right, may not be.

While I don’t know whether or not they are “stuck on a container ship,” I do know that there is a problem moving cargo from China and other destinations. My son is the logistics manager for a large US company that imports goods from China. He says the big problem is finding containers and space on ships for them. The price of obtaining a container has more than tripled in the past year—when you can even find one.

And, finding available space aboard a cargo ship is also a major issue. He has had to use every trick in the book (and a bunch of contacts developed during his many years in the business) to find cargo ship space for his company’s containers.

It is distinctly possible that the RT smokeboxes are actually in a container sitting on the dock at a Chinese port, waiting for space to become available on a cargo ship. The competition for available space is fierce right now, and very expensive. Some companies are just letting containers sit until they can find space at a price they can afford.

That's the way shit should have been 30 yrs ago, we wouldn't be in this predicament.

I'm hoping Recteq has ordered in sufficient quantity; otherwise they will be back to zero balance again within days now the demand has grown.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back