Stampede Side box for the RT-590

Nikeguy53

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Do they make a side box like they have for the RT-700? Looking for for the RT-590.

i don’t think anyone make one for it. a side box would take alot of work to get heat into it with the 590s top exhaust. but if your crafty you could do it or even easier and bigger you could add a top cabinet like the pitboss lockhart has at walmart. pretty sweet design
DD2796CE-680B-4D15-BAC8-E0EACBDD6922.png

Need to get Recteq to design one for the RT-590

Wishful thinking , though I doubt they'll make anything like that for the 590.

I think it's not something that can be fitted to the existing 590 design due to the exhaust design with louvers.

Only by eliminating the multiple louver exhaust ports and creating a single hole exhaust, would it be feasible. It's possible to make a plate to block the louvers and cut a hole for the new exhaust. But it's unlikely an OEM would offer that for their existing owners. Most folks just aren't willing or capable of doing that level of work competently, let alone have the proper tools.

However, maybe an aftermarket outfit like the smoke generator guy could tackle it. But, I wouldn't hold my breath. Move on. Get a bigger grill.

If I owned the new 590 I would block off the louvered vents and install a chimney style exhaust. I have the older three vent style and made slide covers fro the vents.
I thought I saw on here that someone adapted a camp chef side box to a 590.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back