Stampede Shelf installed

Made my own shelf today. Bought a 590 during Black Friday so I got the Comp cart upgrade. I took the shelf from the regular cart and made it into a shelf using Amarine Made 12 Inch Long Release hinges.

View attachment 7748View attachment 7749
View attachment 7750
View attachment 7752
I really like that, I got the same deal as you. I was planning on using the legs and shelf to make a rolling shelf + hot box to keep my food warm. still wondering the best way to do this part...

Yeah, air compressor powered cut off wheel. Notched the back of the shelf for the hinges about 1" on each side then used some black screws, washers and bolts I had laying around and lined up the hinge holes with the wire grating. Had to enlarge 1 or 2 holes where the frame of the tray was in the way. Took about 15 min

I am planning to do something similar but with a kitchen type stainless shelf bolting it on. I was looking at these brackets and thought the screws attaching the shelf might get in the way of the way the mechanism on the brackets work unlike a wood screw coming up from the bottom where only the small head would be exposed.

Did you have any clearance issues there and just have to make sure the screws/washers/nuts were just long enough to clear the mechanism?

I was planning to use a bracket with a mechanism that is a little different on how it locks where the clearance would not be an issue but I think these brackets seem a little tougher and lock positive.

I am planning to do something similar but with a kitchen type stainless shelf bolting it on. I was looking at these brackets and thought the screws attaching the shelf might get in the way of the way the mechanism on the brackets work unlike a wood screw coming up from the bottom where only the small head would be exposed.

Did you have any clearance issues there and just have to make sure the screws/washers/nuts were just long enough to clear the mechanism?

I was planning to use a bracket with a mechanism that is a little different on how it locks where the clearance would not be an issue but I think these brackets seem a little tougher and lock positive.

The screws I used were 3/4" long, server rack enclosure screws I had from a server install. I took the cage off the nut and it fits in the bracket channel easily. Nothing interferes with the bracket operation. I honestly didn't even check or consider that, just cut notches for the hinges then placed the shelf about an 1.25" from the end of the bracket and screwed it together, no issues.

20201221_181813111.jpg

20201221_182533.jpg

20201221_182557.jpg

20201221_182645.jpg

20201221_182625.jpg

20201221_182552.jpg

I placed the shelf about 1.25" from the end of the bracket so that the shelf sits parallel to the edge of the grills front surface when up. This maximizes amount of shelf space I could use and not be shrouded by the grill

Attachments

• 20201221_182515.jpg
    20201221_182515.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
The screws I used were 3/4" long, server rack enclosure screws I had from a server install. I took the cage off the nut and it fits in the bracket channel easily. Nothing interferes with the bracket operation. I honestly didn't even check or consider that, just cut notches for the hinges then placed the shelf about an 1.25" from the end of the bracket and screwed it together, no issues.

View attachment 7824

View attachment 7825

View attachment 7826
View attachment 7827

View attachment 7828

View attachment 7830

I placed the shelf about 1.25" from the end of the bracket so that the shelf sits parallel to the edge of the grills front surface when up. This maximizes amount of shelf space I could use and not be shrouded by the grill

Thanks.. I went ahead and used the brackets I had since I was unsure and they were already here. Good to know if I change anything up that these will work that way.

Looks great! Nice work.

Hey BowDown, assuming that you bought the factory cover, does it fit over the new shelf you created? Btw- nice work!

Hey BowDown, assuming that you bought the factory cover, does it fit over the new shelf you created? Btw- nice work!

Yes I bought the factory cover and it fits just fine, not a single issue and its actually easy to get on and off which surprised me based upon what I've read here about the cover

Yes I bought the factory cover and it fits just fine, not a single issue and its actually easy to get on and off which surprised me based upon what I've read here about the cover
Thanks for the confirmation. I have the factory shelf and it’s “ok”. The factory cover in my opinion fits very good and easy on/off as well.

I’m building my Rt700 into a built in table with my kamado Joe and wondered today if I could do the same thing with the bottom shelf. Looks good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back