Salmon maranade

Honestly, I don't cook Salmon much, but I normally use Paul Prudhomme's Salmon Magic if I am cooking Salmon.

I've used the basics of this one on salmon for years. I do add some spice flavoring for personal taste, i.e. garlic pepper, cajun seasoning, etc. Your choices.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/178274/whiskey-marinade/
Thanks for the responses. I made a brine of salt, brown sugar equal parts, a splash of soy sauce and let is sit in the fridge for about 12 hours. Rinsed and dried it and left st room temp for two hours. Before the bull I painted it with maple syrup twice. An hour between coats. Set the bull at 180 for 2.5 hours and pulled it at 130 degrees. I thought it worked very well. The only change I would make would be to pull it at 125. Thanks y’all!

I do smoked filets of salmon or steelhead every couple months. It's a nice break from the heavy meats.

I just put a savory rub on it, oil the skin side and the grates, smoke with cherry/apple. The result can be served with some soy sauce, side of white rice, or put in tacos with a mango, corn, chili relish and a mexican sauce added.

I do smoked filets of salmon or steelhead every couple months. It's a nice break from the heavy meats.

I just put a savory rub on it, oil the skin side and the grates, smoke with cherry/apple. The result can be served with some soy sauce, side of white rice, or put in tacos with a mango, corn, chili relish and a mexican sauce added.
What temp to you smoke them? Approximately how long?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back