Bullseye Bullseye RTD Probe Dead

Hilbe

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
Went to make myself lunch yesterday and fired up the Bullseye. It was showing Er 1 before I even hit power. Power cycled and it came back up reading 400+ degrees after just hitting the power button. RTD probe issue is what RT said - it was not even attached to the grill as I could pull it out.

RT sending me a new one. Seems like lots of issues with the probe on the Bullseye. Glad I still have my 700 with BFG auger that heats up fast so I could still make myself a quick lunch :)

Went to make myself lunch yesterday and fired up the Bullseye. It was showing Er 1 before I even hit power. Power cycled and it came back up reading 400+ degrees after just hitting the power button. RTD probe issue is what RT said - it was not even attached to the grill as I could pull it out.

RT sending me a new one. Seems like lots of issues with the probe on the Bullseye. Glad I still have my 700 with BFG auger that heats up fast so I could still make myself a quick lunch :)

Did it burn in half (wire)?

Well, I got it done in 30 mins. Biggest challenge was getting the washers/nut back on as mentioned. I was able to use a needle nose plier to slip the washers over the screw so that saved me a lot of time. I also took the top flap over that cavity off so I could access it from the top with my hand to guide it on.

Wasn't terrible. Required slow/methodical install (not my jam) to get it done.

Well, she is good as new. Cooked up some burgers last night and no issue firing up quick. Wondering now how long the RTD probe has been on its way out. Starting to think back to recent cooks and if cook temps were long to be hit.

Go on Amazon and get the elgin probes that work with RecTeq. WAY more accurate. I've never had luck with the stock ones.

Go on Amazon and get the elgin probes that work with RecTeq. WAY more accurate. I've never had luck with the stock ones.
This was the RTD probe wired to the control board on the Bullseye that sits right below the grill grate.

Well, I got it done in 30 mins. Biggest challenge was getting the washers/nut back on as mentioned. I was able to use a needle nose plier to slip the washers over the screw so that saved me a lot of time. I also took the top flap over that cavity off so I could access it from the top with my hand to guide it on.

Wasn't terrible. Required slow/methodical install (not my jam) to get it done.
I had a broken probe on my beloved Bullseye as well, they sent me a new probe, but when I went to replace the bolts broke, (which makes sense as they are attached to the lower grill) very frustrating they chose not to send me 10 cents worth of nuts and bolts, anyway called complained they sent, but my understanding is that with the new probe you dont need washers an nuts?

ANYWAY, it is working, but still not the same, not sure if I need to replace controller as well, the temp seems off, but I will check again.

I had a broken probe on my beloved Bullseye as well, they sent me a new probe, but when I went to replace the bolts broke, (which makes sense as they are attached to the lower grill) very frustrating they chose not to send me 10 cents worth of nuts and bolts, anyway called complained they sent, but my understanding is that with the new probe you dont need washers an nuts?

ANYWAY, it is working, but still not the same, not sure if I need to replace controller as well, the temp seems off, but I will check again.
I got my controller replaced in winter. Been smooth sailing ever since in terms of the unit working up to the RTD fail. I like the new controller goes over 749F too!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FISCH75
Back