Bull rt700 size vs rt590

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hey guys,
I have a spot perfect for the 590 but I am wanting the 700. The issue is if I get the 700 ( which I want for size ) I have to tear up my spot and rebuild it.

If you both sizes can you take a photo side by side so I can see the difference? also the cook chambers Im worried the 590 is too small for what I need but worried its all I can fit

Hey guys,
I have a spot perfect for the 590 but I am wanting the 700. The issue is if I get the 700 ( which I want for size ) I have to tear up my spot and rebuild it.

If you both sizes can you take a photo side by side so I can see the difference? also the cook chambers Im worried the 590 is too small for what I need but worried its all I can fit
There is a lot more differences between the 590 and the 700 besides the actually grilling area. The 700 is much deeper since the pellet hopper is on the back. You would need to have access to the back of the grill to load pellets and when you open the pellet hopper it adds another 12” or so you need behind it. Another big difference is the 700 has a smoke stack and the 590 does not, it comes out of the back of the smoker so you need to take that into consideration if you are planning on installing it in place and not wanting to move it when you are using it.

Hey guys,

Im going to maybe upset some 590 owners here...

I went to the showroom and put the 590 next to the 700 when deciding. It isnt even close. It is much more than the size aspect. The 700 is just a beefier and feels and looks so much better than the 590. The 590 reminded me of a Traeger in that it felt "basic". The 700 is beautiful and feels heavy and looks like a better quality grill. Like it says, "Built like a tank"

I am glad I went with the 700, I need all of the size it offers. I have added a 1250 as well because I like the body style so much of the 700/1250.

Guessing you've already viewed the dimensions pages on the RT website, but just in case it helps, here they are. I had a similar problem; originally wanted the 700 but it wouldn't fit the area without major rework so I went with the 590 and love it with zero regrets. It's a great grill/smoker, and can't go wrong with either one.

590: https://support.recteq.com/hc/en-us...T-590-Wood-Pellet-Grill-Dimensions-and-Weight

700: https://support.recteq.com/hc/en-us...T-700-Wood-Pellet-Grill-Dimensions-and-Weight

It’s like horsepower, always want more. Wish I had a little more on the boat.

Just don’t go to a showroom and lay eyes on the BFG2500. That thing is insanely nice, hydraulic lifts, double grease drains, etc. Grates alone weight enough you need both hands. Now I see Amazon will pay for delivery and assembly on it…

Granted my wife would in fact kill me and roast me on said grill, it’s beautiful.

IMHO for some the look of the grill does matter. Shape. Color. Where parts are located. If you use it often a higher price is easier to justify.

I’d love to know what the time difference is getting to say 500 degrees between the two…. My 700 struggles getting to 500 deg, a buddy of mine with the 590 said his got well over 600…. I’d take that into consideration as well.

I went to the showroom and put the 590 next to the 700 when deciding. It isnt even close. It is much more than the size aspect. The 700 is just a beefier and feels and looks so much better than the 590. The 590 reminded me of a Traeger in that it felt "basic". The 700 is beautiful and feels heavy and looks like a better quality grill. Like it says, "Built like a tank"

I am glad I went with the 700, I need all of the size it offers. I have added a 1250 as well because I like the body style so much of the 700/1250.

Fair enough, but since I have been here on the forum......the 590 sounds like the most sorted out of all their models with the least issues. I considered the 700, but it was just overkill for the wife and I and the occasional larger cooks.

what about fuel consumption also both grills set to 700 who would get there faster? I called recteq and the 590 and 700 both have the cast iron cover now over the firepot

That same reasoning, but for the 590.
The 700 looks like all the other Oil-Barrel cut in half smokers out there, with nothing to really offer eye-candy wise. The shape of the 590 lends to a better seal on the lid for keeping the smoke inside the cooking area by default. The 700's Hopper placement is terrible, and the PID in the side shelf looks like a cheap spot they just chose to place.
From a "built like a tank" perspective, I would argue the opposite. The 590 feels tighter, and firm, compared to the over sized and loose fitting (yet heavy), 700.

The only real advantage is the grilling space.
That said, I can fit 5 racks of baby-backs on my 590 and not even sweat it, as well as 4 Butt's.
If you need more space than that for cooking, you are doing something way over the top than just Backyard with family and friends.

Haha. I knew the 590 guys would be out to defend their grills. I was only saying what I noticed when actually seeing both grills in front of me.

But PMB has some serious issue with the 700..haha.

Last edited:
what about fuel consumption also both grills set to 700 who would get there faster? I called recteq and the 590 and 700 both have the cast iron cover now over the firepot
I would bet the 590 gets their quicker. Having the same auger speed and with the 590 having less area to heat, I would bet the 590 gets their quicker, but no idea by how much faster.

My 1250 with the 3 rpm auger gets to temp much faster than my 700, obvious reasons, but its crazy to see the difference with the auger speed.

My 2 cents. The 700 Bull pairs best with the Bulls Eye 380. I use Char Hickory Lumberjack pellets in the 380 to get next best to charcoal grilling. I have a Weber to and use its grate combo for both Weber and Bulls Eye

100754A4-481B-4AFB-9857-BD1F08316675.jpeg

A08D5026-49B4-450E-AADB-D29D7F7926A2.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back