Bull RT-700 WIFI issues on initial setup

Lilbullowner

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Matador
Just got my RT-700 assembled and encountering issues with app finding network. Has anyone encountered this problem?

I followed instructions to the letter & downloaded the app & had my phone connect to 2.4ghz. I went to grill & pressed wifi button show to blank, slow, & fast blinking led. Opened app & went to step 2 but no network.

I uninstalled / reinstalled app, powered the grill on & off & repeated steps again. No results.

I'm hoping someone here can assist.

Thanks

You need to be sure the phone is on 2.4g.. even though I did myself (walked down the road until I had no connectivity then back up as 2.4 is stronger) I had issues like you. I ended up turning off the SSID broadcast on my router for 5g and then I was able to get them synched.

You will get it with a bit of trying. Hope this helps.

Edit - Oh yeah.. I also did a forget network on my phone to be sure the 5g was flushed then re-added when only 2.4 broadcast was on.

You need to be sure the phone is on 2.4g.. even though I did myself (walked down the road until I had no connectivity then back up as 2.4 is stronger) I had issues like you. I ended up turning off the SSID broadcast on my router for 5g and then I was able to get them synched.

You will get it with a bit of trying. Hope this helps.

Edit - Oh yeah.. I also did a forget network on my phone to be sure the 5g was flushed then re-added when only 2.4 broadcast was on.
I got it working. Location needs to be on & wifi button, when not blinking pressed 5 seconds & when slow blinking press for 5 seconds. Says nothing like that on instructions.
Also, the light seems like its continuously on. Thought there was a switch on hood that turns off when closed & on when lifted. Would be nice to have that option plus a toggle switch to turn light off of not needed.

Interesting.. I only had to press the wifi until it started blinking and not again. Glad you got it (y)

The red toggle switch near the controller is for the light. Maybe it is on?

For dual band router folks.

If your 2.4 GHz and 5GHz bands have the same name things can get confusing when setting up the RecTeq WiFi app. Try changing the SSIDs to Fred and Ethel for instance, they can have the same password just different names. This makes it easier to quickly see which band your phone is connected to.

Bottom line is RecTeq no habla 5GHz and 2.4GHz is better anyway since it has a longer effective range. The only benefit of 5GHz is to carry more data per second, which is not needed with the RecTeq unit since you are not streaming videos or playing games online with it.

If your apps shows no network, do the old Microsoft fix. Turn off both the grill (unplug it) and close the app on the phone and first bring up the grill WiFi and then the app. I had no issue at this point. I think the RecTeq device just needs time to register into the router's device list before it can be recognized and those like me who are patience challenged tend to rush things. OOOHHHHMMM!

I don't understand why turning off the 5GHz band is necessary but if problems persist and you are comfortable doing that in your router, give it a shot.

Telling my cell phone to forget the 5g network was the key for me, plus holding the wifi button for about 10 seconds. Opened the app, added the grill, and boom, I could now see a bunch of networks. The rest was easy. I had been messing with this all day and was ready to give up and call Tech Support.

Telling my cell phone to forget the 5g network was the key for me, plus holding the wifi button for about 10 seconds. Opened the app, added the grill, and boom, I could now see a bunch of networks. The rest was easy. I had been messing with this all day and was ready to give up and call Tech Support.
I called tech support & they said open location, 2.4 network & push wifi for blank and press 5 secs, wait for slow blink & press 5 secs. That did it.
Nowhere on I instructions say that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back