New RT 700 wont connect to WiFi

PAreefer08

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
So my RT 700 that I just got set up, won’t connect to my WiFi. Plenty of WiFi strength, just keeps saying can’t find device. Any suggestions?

So my RT 700 that I just got set up, won’t connect to my WiFi. Plenty of WiFi strength, just keeps saying can’t find device. Any suggestions?
I had the same problem with my new Bull, I couldn't get it to connect. I just kept trying and on the 5th try it connected. If you have the newer 5ghz? Wifi router like I do it makes it more difficult to connect, I believe I saw a video from Rec Tec that mentioned that they designed the app for the older 2.4ghz? because the range is longer. Also, try disconnecting your phone and using say the 4G network. I've had way more success with the app that way than connected to my wifi router. With that said I have great success with the app in all regards after I got it to work. Monitoring things, remote starting from work to preheat before getting home, etc. Keep trying it's awesome! Hope this helps! :)

I had the same problem with my new Bull, I couldn't get it to connect. I just kept trying and on the 5th try it connected. If you have the newer 5ghz? Wifi router like I do it makes it more difficult to connect, I believe I saw a video from Rec Tec that mentioned that they designed the app for the older 2.4ghz? because the range is longer. Also, try disconnecting your phone and using say the 4G network. I've had way more success with the app that way than connected to my wifi router. With that said I have great success with the app in all regards after I got it to work. Monitoring things, remote starting from work to preheat before getting home, etc. Keep trying it's awesome! Hope this helps! :)

I have a dual band router. The fast flashing light keeps going out in the middle of trying to connect. I’ve tried like 6 or 7 times now. I’ll try 4g

Had a similar problem. 5g is separated. Connected to 2.4 on my phone - still wouldn't work. Called tech support. All i had to do was forget my 2.4 network on my phone, reconnect and boom it all worked. Has worked ever since.

Hey everyone,

I wanted to get my input on here. I bought a Bull last week and had issues connecting to wifi. It did not involve the 2.4ghz or 5G network like mentioned here. My app kept saying "No Network." First, I had to turn on GPS. My router, and every other router in the neighborhood, populated. There will be an "!" next to any 5G network showing you can't use it. Select the 2.4ghz option as stated in this thread. Then when it went to connect, it would get to 100% and give me a "connection error, refer to help and retry." I unplugged the grill, plugged it back in after a minute and then had to hold down the wifi button to get it to turn off/slow blinking. I then held down the button again until it was quickly blinking. Repeat the above steps and it connected with no issues after this. I hope this helps the one person that had the same issue I did. Good luck!

I noticed (eventually) that my phone was connected to the 5g part of my dual-band router. I was selecting the non-5g network in the app, as recommended, every time, but no joy. So I went nuclear: unplugged and replugged the smoker, reinstalled the app AND (and this is what did it I think) Disconnected my phone from 5g and connected it to the non-5g network. As soon as I did that I got a solid wifi light on the smoker and a successful connection in the app.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineGriller
Back