Bull Bull RT-700 and mesh wifi networks

Plumberguy

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I know some have posted regarding difficulty connecting or maintaining wifi connection to the Bull after they install a mesh network in their home. I am doing a home renovation and the guy I'm working with wants to install a mesh. He does not seem to think it will be a problem, but wondering if I should be cautious here. I'd hate to lose the connectivity. I am moderately tech-savvy but have very limited knowledge re: networks, etc. Appreciate any thoughts or tips.

Last edited:
My 700 (old 2.4 ghz only controller) works fine on a mesh network. I did set up a guest network that was 2.4 ghz only. Never had a connectivity issue.

Mesh networks are definitely the way to go. I've had zero issues connecting to anything after finally biting the bullet and installing a mesh WiFi network.

I know some have posted regarding difficulty connecting or maintaining wifi connection to the Bull after they install a mesh network in their home. I am doing a home renovation and the guy I'm working with wants to install a mesh. He does not seem to think it will be a problem, but wondering if I should be cautious here. I'd hate to lose the connectivity. I am moderately tech-savvy but have very limited knowledge re: networks, etc. Appreciate any thoughts or tips.
My RT-1250 has no issues connecting to my eero mesh.

I have a 700, Google mesh router and Linksys Velop mesh with separate SSID's, two for 2.4GHz and multiple 5.0GHz. It's been that way since purchase several years ago with no major issues. Initially, the RecTeq app disconnected occasionally, but doesn't anymore.

Not a mesh issue (because I don’t have one), but yesterday the 340 was dropping in and out every few minutes. Since I actually got things sorted out a couple weeks ago, it has been rock solid in connecting and staying there.

Not sure what was going on, but every time I walked away from the grill with my phone in my pocket, the red light would go out. I can see the grill from my favorite chair in the living room, so kept an eye on it. The red light would periodically come back on and connectivity would be restored. Then, it would drop out again.

Ain’t technology great?

Adding nothing of value to the conversation, but one day I will have a mesh network, or whatever replaces the mesh. For now I’m perfectly happy with my Apple AirPort Time Capsule as the main station and an AirPort Extreme as an extender to the network. Don’t have a clue how old they are, but it’s been at least 10 years since Apple made them. I’ve replaced the hard drive in the TC, but otherwise not a hiccup with either one.

Adding nothing of value to the conversation, but one day I will have a mesh network, or whatever replaces the mesh. For now I’m perfectly happy with my Apple AirPort Time Capsule as the main station and an AirPort Extreme as an extender to the network. Don’t have a clue how old they are, but it’s been at least 10 years since Apple made them. I’ve replaced the hard drive in the TC, but otherwise not a hiccup with either one.
Another “great minds” moment, @Greg Jones; I also have an Apple AirPort Time Capsule at the old house. Mine is about 12 years old and it is still performing well. It will soon be moved down to the new house.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back