Dressed to Kill
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Trailblazer
  3. Bullseye
  4. RT-680
Okay, it's been discussed and folks have done it.
With that said, what is the suggested gasket size for the Bull if only one package?

When I first bought my bull, saw a bunch of info on sealing, so I sealed mine. Never cooked without the seal. Now I see a decent amount of people saying the seal is bad, the bull needs to "breathe". Seal truthers, what do you say?

A search here will find more info on this than I expect you want to read. All grills and smokers that consume fuel breathe, by fresh air supplied at the burning point and by exhausting spent air at the other end of the cooker. Your Bull supplies fresh air via a fan that blows into the fire pot, and spent air is exhausted at the smoke stack. Nothing else in between matters, sealed or not. If you’ve sealed yours and it’s working fine, what more info do you need?

I sealed mine (lid and smoke box) after some helpful advice and photos from Greg. I am very happy with the results. There is plenty of airflow through the grease drain and smoke stack. Cooking has been very good.
I'd like to see some pics of how you sealed the smoke box...my door wouldn't shut with it on there..

I'd like to see some pics of how you sealed the smoke box...my door wouldn't shut with it on there..
Here are photos of the lid and smokebox with the 1/8 x 1/2 gasket. The smokebox door is a tight fit. It was a bit loose before sealing.

Attachments

• 20210221_104809.jpg
    20210221_104809.jpg
    872.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 20210221_104753.jpg
    20210221_104753.jpg
    731.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 20210221_104744.jpg
    20210221_104744.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 97
I used 1/8 x 1/2 on top and bottom of door. Seems to be keeping the top and bottom clean which is all I was after. I didn't bother with the sides.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back