Bull Rib fingers - any tips

SafetyDan

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. RT-680
I have them on extreme smoke.

At first glance I thought you had thick cut bacon on the grill. 1st thought was, that's going to smoke because of the grease... But then I re-read the title and it occurred to me that I've never, at least I don't recall, made rib fingers or seen them in my local grocers. You've got me curious..

They are very good, BUT need to low and slow to breakdown the connective tissue. Taking on some good smoke. (Yes I cheated and looked.). ;-)

Normally I do not look, but I have never done these. They needed 3 hours on extreme smoke, awesome! I threw on some red potatoes half way through!

Am I understanding right that you took a rack of ribs and slice them into rib fingers, or are these something that you bought that are called rib fingers?

Am I understanding right that you took a rack of ribs and slice them into rib fingers, or are these something that you bought that are called rib fingers?

We bought them our butcher makes them. Rib Fingers. Thin strips of beef cut from between individual ribs in the Ribprimal. Butcher's Note. Consists of the intercostal muscles that are removed from between the Back Ribs.

I thought at first those were country style pork ribs, ( not really ribs but strips cut from shoulder area) interesting though. I have never seen that cut of beef in these parts. Wish we did as I would smoke that in a heart beat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back