Recteq grill names

Jim6820

Crazy Ol’ Basque
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
Maybe its just me, but I find the continued use of now-discontinued (by Recteq) grill names vs current model designations confusing. I guess change comes hard, but it seems far easier to use the RT-340/RT-590/RT-700 model numbers. Since the RT-1250 came out after Recteq discontinued the use of names, it usually gets referred to as the “1250.” Why doesn’t that work for the “340,” “590,” and “700?”

Yes, I know that some folks are frantically searching for a “name” for the 1250, but that seems counter-productive. Rather than trying to remember what grill “Stampede” or “Bull” translates to, wouldn’t it be simpler to just stick with current (and past, for that matter) model numbers. That makes it easy to go to the Reqtec website and see what is being referred to if you aren’t familiar with all the models.

I’ll probably get some push-back on this thought, and that’s OK. I just figured it might be worth a try to get everyone on the same page.

As long as I understand which one is being discussed, I don't really care what's it's called.

Having said that, I agree the name should be something everyone knows, and the RT-#### is probably the best way to go.

Since the RT-1250 came out after Recteq discontinued the use of names, it usually gets referred to as the “1250.” Why doesn’t that work for the “340,” “590,” and “700?”
Probably for the same reason.

Not everyone bought a Stampede yesterday, many bought theirs some time ago. Back when Recteq referred to them by names instead of cooking area numbers.

Recteq went from calling them by names, to calling them by both and now more commonly just by their cooking area.

Who knows it will probably change again.

All of the above is why we here refer to the grills by both the name and cooking area on the forum index. No matter if you know the grill by a name or cooking area you can easily find the section you're looking for.

Maybe its just me, but I find the continued use of now-discontinued (by Recteq) grill names vs current model designations confusing. I guess change comes hard, but it seems far easier to use the RT-340/RT-590/RT-700 model numbers. Since the RT-1250 came out after Recteq discontinued the use of names, it usually gets referred to as the “1250.” Why doesn’t that work for the “340,” “590,” and “700?”

Yes, I know that some folks are frantically searching for a “name” for the 1250, but that seems counter-productive. Rather than trying to remember what grill “Stampede” or “Bull” translates to, wouldn’t it be simpler to just stick with current (and past, for that matter) model numbers. That makes it easy to go to the Reqtec website and see what is being referred to if you aren’t familiar with all the models.

I’ll probably get some push-back on this thought, and that’s OK. I just figured it might be worth a try to get everyone on the same page.

Since your handle is @Jim6820, all this discussion is now making me wonder what your original model name was!

So, apparently, I have a “Trailblazer” (aka RT-340). If I’d bought the next larger RT-590, I would have had the “Stampede” or the even bigger RT-700, it would be the “Bull.” Is that correct?

As for my “original model name,” it is Euskaldunak. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back