Rec Tec Accessories

Greg, I did the Mason Jar trick that I think I seen on one of their videos. Seems to work well.
Brian,
I looked for the video but didn't see it. Do you put the mason jar inside the bucket?
The foil liner seems to work, but in the summer I am not going to want to leave the grease in the liner either.
Best Greg

I found where they put the mason jar into the bucket. The advantage would be that you could put a cap on it. But I would hate throwing away more glass.
One of the posts they turn the bucket up side down and then using heavy duty foil mold over the bucket, thus making a cheap liner you could throw away as often as you need to!
Best Greg

I found where they put the mason jar into the bucket. The advantage would be that you could put a cap on it. But I would hate throwing away more glass.
One of the posts they turn the bucket up side down and then using heavy duty foil mold over the bucket, thus making a cheap liner you could throw away as often as you need to!
Best Greg
With me Greg, I just don't cook that much fatty stuff. More chicken and tritips and steaks. I don't think I ever filled my bucket a quarter of the way in over 3 years. But of course once I get into a few briskets... the story could change quickly! hehe

The custom covers cost about 20 percent more, but are more durable. The company I ordered from for my Weber was coversandall.com. I did look for a cover for the Rec Tec and it would cost around $100.00. The downside is that it does not allow for the shape, so I think you would be better with the one they sell made for the unit.

The vents fit fine, you just bend the tabs and you are done. You see a bit of smoke around the vents, but I really see no reason to seal around the vents.

One thing to consider is also buying some disposable liners for your bucket. This way instead of trying to clean the grease out of a full bucket you just remove the liner and pitch.

I just ordered some liners on Amazon, here are the ones I bought:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZWB37PB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Best Greg

Thanks for the heads up!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back