Stampede question on January class.

REFACINGMAN

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
So I'm a newbie to pellet grilling, bought a 590. I never really perfected BBQ grilling. Since I know very little, I signed up for the three day class in January. Did I do the right thing? Will it be too advance for a beginner? Any thoughts......

So I'm a newbie to pellet grilling, bought a 590. I never really perfected BBQ grilling. Since I know very little, I signed up for the three day class in January. Did I do the right thing? Will it be too advance for a beginner? Any thoughts......
Congratulations for getting a spot. Absolutely go to the academy. My wife and I will be there next month. My sense is they have a mixed bag from novice to very advanced. Everyone is welcome. None of us know it all, which makes this fun.

Yes- go!! It’s mainly a first hand KC BBQ class with top notch chefs. Recteq goes above and beyond with the Academy. Jody, Greg and John are all very hands on and all will answer any questions you have. Ray stopped by when I was there and gave about a 30 minute impromptu speech. I think they go over their grills rather fast because of all you do but there’s plenty of inbetween time to mingle and ask specific questions. Dont be afraid to ask questions in small group when you start cooking. Lonnie Smith led ours and talked a lot about backyard Q vs competition cooking. Enjoy the food and festivities

Congratulations for getting a spot. Absolutely go to the academy. My wife and I will be there next month. My sense is they have a mixed bag from novice to very advanced. Everyone is welcome. None of us know it all, which makes this fun.
let me know how it was

let me know how it was

It was a great experience. I highly recommend it to anyone, novice to experienced. The instructors are fantastic and work with you in small groups to make all the cooks successful. I'm looking forward to the arrival of our Bullseye Deluxe to join our 700.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobbypoole
Back