Bullseye RT-B380X Lid Question

aggiepilk

I purchased my B380X in December 2023. So far I love it. However, my lid seems to go too far back when I open it. Way more than 90deg. Is this normal or is there a way to limit how far it goes back? It seems like a safety issue since you have to lean over the hot grill to get it to its resting point.

My lid doesn't go too far back, but likely more than 90 degrees. DRG has some extension handles for the 380 and 380X here, though currently it looks like the 380X handle is sold out: https://drgcustomcarts.us/collections/bullseye
Since I raised up my 380 on a competition cart, the lid is a bit higher now and thus harder to reach. So I have one of the DRG extension handles, which was perfect since I had been looking at different solutions and couldn't find any practical way to extend the original factory handle myself.

Any chance you could post a picture?

Any chance you could post a picture?

IMG_0926.jpeg

@aggiepilk your lid does seem to lean back more than mine. It looks like your lid isn’t seated properly in the hinge. If you look at the lip of the lid in your photo it isn’t sitting in the groove of the hinge. In my photo you don’t see that groove because the lid lip is sitting in it. If that doesn’t help I’d give customer service a call and send them your photo. 🤷‍♂️
IMG_6453.jpeg
IMG_1117.jpeg
IMG_1116.jpeg

@aggiepilk your lid does seem to lean back more than mine. It looks like your lid isn’t seated properly in the hinge. If you look at the lip of the lid in your photo it isn’t sitting in the groove of the hinge. In my photo you don’t see that groove because the lid lip is sitting in it. If that doesn’t help I’d give customer service a call and send them your photo. 🤷‍♂️
View attachment 21065View attachment 21068View attachment 21067
Thanks! I adjusted the hinge until the lid overhang aligned with the groove and it decreased the opening angle to a reasonable level.

View attachment 21065View attachment 21068View attachment 21067
Nice piece of trouble-shooting, @Waterboy; well done!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back