Problems with finding Delivery of my RecTeq 1250

I received an email on 12/7 that my order was being shipped after placing my order on 11/30. It's still not showing up on Estes site that they've picked it up :(. The waiting game is brutal
Finally see that my grill is being shipped. I will say, when you go to the Estes site and put in your shipping number, make sure you scroll down and then click the expand button to see the dates for delivery. It’s kind of hidden and most sites place the info on top, not on the bottom of their web site. I almost missed it when it finally showed up. There is another click you have to do after you put your shipping number in. Just an FYI.

Finally see that my grill is being shipped. I will say, when you go to the Estes site and put in your shipping number, make sure you scroll down and then click the expand button to see the dates for delivery. It’s kind of hidden and most sites place the info on top, not on the bottom of their web site. I almost missed it when it finally showed up. There is another click you have to do after you put your shipping number in. Just an FYI.
Unfortunately I'm still getting "Not found or tracking information unavailable" so I don't think my order has been picked up yet.

I ordered 11/29/21 and my order tracking info did not update until 12/10/21 with Estes I contacted both recteq and Estes prior to item being picked up. Both stated everything is behind from the holidays. My tracking info says at the earliest date 12/18/21 to 12/22/21 Estes says they no longer make appointments they will call when out for delivery. I hope this thing shows up before Christmas.

I am wondering if anyone else is having trouble with finding out when your RecTec grill is going to be delivered? I was told on Dec. 2nd my grill was being sent and ESTES shipping was going to be the shipper. I got an email from them with a tracking number and everytime I put that tracking number in their website, it says they have no record of this number.

Has anyone else had problems like this tryng to find out when the grill will be delivered? I am chomping at the bit to try this thing out after researching for over 1.5 years. I just want to get an idea of when I should have my 20 recipes to try.
Will probably be randomly delivered tomorrow

I am wondering if anyone else is having trouble with finding out when your RecTec grill is going to be delivered? I was told on Dec. 2nd my grill was being sent and ESTES shipping was going to be the shipper. I got an email from them with a tracking number and everytime I put that tracking number in their website, it says they have no record of this number.

Has anyone else had problems like this tryng to find out when the grill will be delivered? I am chomping at the bit to try this thing out after researching for over 1.5 years. I just want to get an idea of when I should have my 20 recipes to try.
I am having the same problem. I think it's terrible that Reteq would say my shipment is on the move when in actuality it is still in their warehouse. I don't blame the shipper I blame Recteq. Don't send me an e mail saying it's been shipped till it has been shipped!

Recteq needs to change their shipping system. Don't lead the customer into thinking you have shipped the item just because you stuck a label on it. This is my first dealing with them and so far I think this sucks!

Last edited:
I understand direct to customer is part of RT's biz model, but there is a lot to be said for a grill you can simply drive over to the store and pick up, or arrange for the store to deliver.

I can buy Traeger, Yoder, and a few high end grills locally at a BBQ store.

While I love my RT-700, my next grill will be a Pitts and Spitts.

I ordered 11/29/21 and my order tracking info did not update until 12/10/21 with Estes I contacted both recteq and Estes prior to item being picked up. Both stated everything is behind from the holidays. My tracking info says at the earliest date 12/18/21 to 12/22/21 Estes says they no longer make appointments they will call when out for delivery. I hope this thing shows up before Christmas.

I ordered 11/29/21 and my order tracking info did not update until 12/10/21 with Estes I contacted both recteq and Estes prior to item being picked up. Both stated everything is behind from the holidays. My tracking info says at the earliest date 12/18/21 to 12/22/21 Estes says they no longer make appointments they will call when out for delivery. I hope this thing shows
The exact thing happened to me. Then I get a phone call from the truck driver saying he is 30 minutes out. Estes doesn't make appointments any more. I called Recteq and they said they should but all carriers and different. I suggested that they make it signature required.

Guys, I know the waiting is tough because I went through the same thing. Trust me you made the right choice going with Recteq. I have the RT-1250 and I love it. After your grill has been assembled and you do your first cook life will be good 😊

Hi everyone. New here to the forum! IMHO, Estes is the worst. I ordered the RT-1250 and RT-340 (bundle deal) along with four bags of pellets. I ordered them on November 24. I have been trying to track, just like you said, through recteq and also Estes website. I was able to find out when it arrived at my local Estes drop-ship center, but nothing further. This week I got an automated phone call on Wednesday 12/8 from Estes stating that they will deliver that same day between 8:30 am and 2:45 pm. Well, 2:45 hits and still nothing, so I called Estes. The dispatcher apologized and said that it had just arrived at their center and was not even off-loaded from the delivery truck to their center. She said that she will call me when off-loaded and ready for delivery to me so I can schedule a time instead of being surprised. She also said that recteq does not require a signature, but asked if I would like it noted to have to have someone present to receive, which I requested.

Well, fast forward to Friday, 12/10 after leaving town for a weekend getaway at 11:00 am, when my daughter gets home from school at 3:45 pm, she called and said there is a huge package on a pallet in front of the garage and she cannot move it. Come to find out that my two grills were delivered at 12:30 pm that day and had been sitting in my driveway just waiting for someone to steal for over three hours. Luckily that did not happen, but I am so perturbed at Estes for 1) Incorrect initial delivery mistake call (hey easy mistake, so forgivable); 2) Stating that they will call me to schedule my drop off and will mark as needing someone present to receive but not doing so (semi forgivable), and; 3) Leaving over $2K worth of product sitting in my driveway on a rainy day with zero notification (unforgivable).

I sure hope that the product is better than the delivery service! Looking forward to using both grills!

Last edited:
Sorry you had so much trouble. Once you fire up those grills, it will lesson that pain. I've never had any luck with Estes over the years. If I order something and their delivery company is Estes, I will see if they can change it or it's a no go. I was lucky, Recteq used Southern Eastern Freight and they were perfect each time.

Absolutely call RecTeq and complain about that. If their delivery agents are not performing correctly, then they need to find a company that will.

Absolutely call RecTeq and complain about that. If their delivery agents are not performing correctly, then they need to find a company that will.
I did just that and they don't care! You would think as a business they would want to make sure everything went flawless. The Recteq representative I spoke to just kept saying thank you over and over. I thought he was talking to someone else. Then he asked if I had any thing else to say. They have a huge issue using Estes with no signature required!

I did just that and they don't care! You would think as a business they would want to make sure everything went flawless. The Recteq representative I spoke to just kept saying thank you over and over. I thought he was talking to someone else. Then he asked if I had any thing else to say. They have a huge issue using Estes with no signature required!
I agree with @JGW, but I also think Recteq’s hands may be tied. There’s an inadequate supply of of truck drivers and other employees who work for the shipping industry. Combine that with the fact that it’s the holiday season, Recteq has had some big sales, and the weather has been insane, and things can get pretty bad. No politics here, and I’m not giving anyone a free pass, but I suspect that Recteq might be putting up with crappy delivery service because it’s their only viable option.

I agree with @JGW, but I also think Recteq’s hands may be tied. There’s an inadequate supply of of truck drivers and other employees who work for the shipping industry. Combine that with the fact that it’s the holiday season, Recteq has had some big sales, and the weather has been insane, and things can get pretty bad. No politics here, and I’m not giving anyone a free pass, but I suspect that Recteq might be putting up with crappy delivery service because it’s their only viable option.
I don't disagree, but Estes sucked long before the pandemic.

I don't disagree, but Estes sucked long before the pandemic.
Fair enough. If that’s the case, then Recteq should definitely find a new freight company when this is all over.

Fair enough. If that’s the case, then Recteq should definitely find a new freight company when this is all over.
I was focusing on the tied hands ;) If that's the case, it would be difficult to do anything.
excuses.jpg

I understand direct to customer is part of RT's biz model, but there is a lot to be said for a grill you can simply drive over to the store and pick up, or arrange for the store to deliver.

I can buy Traeger, Yoder, and a few high end grills locally at a BBQ store.

While I love my RT-700, my next grill will be a Pitts and Spitts.
So you say you would buy a Pitts and Spitts next but you say you love your RT700? To me, that statement doesnt makes sense, unless there is more to the story. I'm just saying, if you love a product, why are you wanting to go to another product?

I did alot of research on grills/smokers, and for the money I couldnt find one that is better then RecTeq. I thought about Yoder but that deal was about $300 more for a smaller smoker. Pitts seemed really good but they are more expensive. I thought about the RT 2500 BFG but I needed to limit price under $2000 for everything.

Just wondering why you would change? There are better smokers out there but not at this price point from what I researched. OF course, I am still waiting to get mine so maybe I will regret it later.

Shipping is still a concern so I hope RecTeq gets that figured out.

I got tired of waiting for mine. Recteq shipped it out the next day after I ordered it. It got shipped to Harrisburg in 2 days which impressed me. However it sat at Estes for over a week. I called Estes and told them that I wanted to drive my PU down there and pick it up. They told me I had to have a shippers authorization to do that. So I called RecTeq and they called and gave the ok. Only trouble was they called the wrong terminal. Good heavens man. The next day Estes called back snd let me know it was ok to pick up. They were great when I got down there but what a load of crap to be waiting for two weeks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back