Bull Probe holder options?

I purchased these last year. The guy used a 3D printer. I found him in one of the Facebook groups.

There is a problem with these however. As you can see in the picture I was storing them on my smoker (not when using it). I have a cover that goes over the smoker when it's not in use. They warped from the heat under the cover.

I still use them for my probes but I keep them in a drawer now. I wanted them out because I thought they were so cute. They are still useful but warped.

I did go back to the person who makes these but he didn't have much to say.

Attachments

• IMG_20200605_112155.jpg
    IMG_20200605_112155.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 214
I purchased these last year. The guy used a 3D printer. I found him in one of the Facebook groups.

There is a problem with these however. As you can see in the picture I was storing them on my smoker (not when using it). I have a cover that goes over the smoker when it's not in use. They warped from the heat under the cover.

I still use them for my probes but I keep them in a drawer now. I wanted them out because I thought they were so cute. They are still useful but warped.

I did go back to the person who makes these but he didn't have much to say.
I purchased a couple of these too from the guy on FB. One of mine fell to the floor recently and broke into two pieces. I've yet to replace it because they are just cheap plastic.

I'm using PETG plastic on all my stuff. It's considered one of the hardest 3D printable materials besides ABS. I also use epoxy coated rare earth magnets. I'm not using some junky fridge magnet, they're about $1.50 each just for the magnet. You can mount them literally any direction they're not coming off without a good pull. Those suckers have pinched me on a few occasions because they're so strong.

That said, heat is not good for magnets and plastics. I put a message on my listings to not expose them to heat, but people going to do what they want.

I did just update my design a few days back based on customer feedback and personal testing. I do make small revisions here and there since I can - just print the new model.

I purchased a couple of these too from the guy on FB. One of mine fell to the floor recently and broke into two pieces. I've yet to replace it because they are just cheap plastic.
I did a durability test on one of my early prototypes just now out of curiosity from this statement. Did a 6 foot drop on concrete and it cracked the front.

1615604305711.jpeg

I'll probably increase the thickness of that front piece and see if that helps it be more durable. I think no matter what, you drop something on concrete it'll take some damage. I've dropped mine on the deck with no damage.

Again, I do take feedback and make changes :)

I bought a bunch of the Thermoworks spools. We have some of their prods as well as the Recteq probes. they are excellent. Plus, we enjoy ordering stuff from Thermoworks. They put a little pack of Jelly Bellys in every shipment!

You guys jinxed me. Someone dropped one of mine and broke it. Guessing on hard surface. Left me a bad review :/

I heard the handles on the 700 box work well. Wish I’d have read that before recycled the box!

I bought a bunch of the Thermoworks spools. We have some of their prods as well as the Recteq probes. they are excellent. Plus, we enjoy ordering stuff from Thermoworks. They put a little pack of Jelly Bellys in every shipment!
I love it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back