RT-1250 Powder Coating Melted on Max Temp

I had some melting/bubbling on my 1250, where the barrel sits on the base. I sent pictures to Recteq and they told me that's what happens when you turn it to full. I wish I knew that when I bought it as I was surprised. The grill still works and it's cosmetic but they sure didn't seem to care that it happened.

I had some melting/bubbling on my 1250, where the barrel sits on the base. I sent pictures to Recteq and they told me that's what happens when you turn it to full. I wish I knew that when I bought it as I was surprised. The grill still works and it's cosmetic but they sure didn't seem to care that it happened.
I'm sorry to hear. Call back and talk to another customer service agent, or mangager.

It's ok.. or should I say normal to be brushed off from support when it is something other than a simple broken part. They don't invest time on things like this normally. I was blamed for opening the lid on my smoker for overshooting temps and not coming back down until it was shut off. I should have known better I guess to use a grill like a grill :unsure:.

You can try another time. It's like playing the lotto unless it is a clear broken/bent part and even then the drip tray needs to be lifted or in contact with the deflector to get a new one for one that is tweaked. Surprised they didn't offer a nail polish size bottle of paint for your frustrations or a can of rub. That's even worse in my opinion.

I wouldn’t be okay with that. It’s powder coated for a reason, and if it can’t be used as advertised (up to 700 degrees) without it bubbling, I would definitely be talking to as many support staff as necessary to get it fixed.

Surprised they didn't offer a nail polish size bottle of paint for your frustrations or a can of rub. That's even worse in my opinion.
Yep, there are a few of us who are a little too familiar with that paint bottle 🙄.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back