charlesrshell

Pellet Grill Rookie
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
My third time use on a pellet grill. Pork Steak is something unique to the St Louis area. They were awesome, much better than the Ribeyes we did last weekend. Did not do any smoke mode and they had a smoke ring for some reason. Started on 375 then wife wanted some searing so turned up to 400 last 10 minutes or so. Salt and pepper on both and BBQ sauce on mine only. They sure ate good.

Attachments

• Pork Steaks & Country Ribs  16 Aug 2020.jpeg
    Pork Steaks & Country Ribs 16 Aug 2020.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
@charlesrshell you are three cooks in on pellets and starting to find your groove! Cook on!
I guess, but I can't wait to get the Bullseye. I doubt I will ever use my Stampede again. Sad to say, I should have done more research before I got the Stampede.

Looks good. Not sure about pork steak being "Unique to the St. Louis" area though. We have them all over here in WI too. It's essentially the shoulder cut into steaks. Also known as a blade steak.

Looks good. Not sure about pork steak being "Unique to the St. Louis" area though. We have them all over here in WI too. It's essentially the shoulder cut into steaks. Also known as a blade steak.
I have been told since I moved to this area that the Pork Steak was invented in St Louis or at least they renamed the blade steak. I don't know, don't care, I am a Texan. Anyway, it sure eats good.

When I first started in construction in the 90s my boss would put about 20 thick cut steaks or sometimes thick cut chops in a disposable pan. He would cook them about 3-4 hours at low heat on a 5gal metal bucket it was always great food 👍

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew550
Back