Bull Pellets to run the grill

First time running out of pellets during a cook, will the grill shut down during a cook if I run out and will it continue to cook without pellets?
Pellets are the fuel that creates the heat needed to cook on a pellet grill. Just like a car that runs out of fuel, when a pellet grill runs out of fuel, it ceases to function. No pellets, no heat, no cooking!

The electrical connection to the grill only provides power to the auger pellet feed system and the control board; there is no electrical heating element that would continue the cooking process.

Will the grill actually “shut down” if it runs out of pellets? I’m not sure. The auger may continue to turn in an effort to feed non-existent pellets to the fire pot. At some point, when the temperature drops to some preset level, I suspect the controller board will shut things down just as it does when you activate the normal shutdown process.

First time running out of pellets during a cook, will the grill shut down during a cook if I run out and will it continue to cook without pellets?
Yes, the grill will continue as long as you have WiFi for proper pellet delivery.

You will get an alarm on the app that the temp has dropped 15 degrees below the set temp. The grill will display an error code (E2 I believe) once the grill can no longer maintain the minimum 180 degrees.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back