Bull Overheating

It worked great the first two cooks then this happens when I first got it I use Traeger pellets and it wouldn’t get to 500 called recteq and was told not to use them . I have bear mountain pellets now I have a Traeger and a Webber smoke fire it holds temperature better if you don’t open the lid but if it looses temp it takes forever to get back
So it maintains temp when cover is closed ?

My Weber does not the rt700 I wanted this grill so bad and now I think what did I get my self into

Give RT the chance to look in to it for you. But I’m sorry to hear it’s not going right for you.

My Weber does not the rt700 I wanted this grill so bad and now I think what did I get my self into
As mentioned RT will make it right or return it if you're unhappy with your purchase. There's a 6 year warranty so it's your call.

This forum is awesome and saved my party today! I have an RT-700 and the last few cooks the temp was shooting way up from the 225 it was set at. They were shorter cooks, so not a huge deal. I've had the Bull for two years and it's always been a steady low temp rock star. I did a full clean and vacuum of everything yesterday and got all the ash out. Put two big pork butts on late last night for a party today. It held temp for the first hour and then started shooting up. Thankfully, the alarm I set on my Meater woke me up at 1:30 am to deal with it. I changed the feed rate from 40 (where it was set) to 30. Within 10-15 minutes I was back down to 225, and has been holding rock steady for 9 hours since. Thanks for the advice in here to fix my Bull and save me!

This forum is awesome and saved my party today! I have an RT-700 and the last few cooks the temp was shooting way up from the 225 it was set at. They were shorter cooks, so not a huge deal. I've had the Bull for two years and it's always been a steady low temp rock star. I did a full clean and vacuum of everything yesterday and got all the ash out. Put two big pork butts on late last night for a party today. It held temp for the first hour and then started shooting up. Thankfully, the alarm I set on my Meater woke me up at 1:30 am to deal with it. I changed the feed rate from 40 (where it was set) to 30. Within 10-15 minutes I was back down to 225, and has been holding rock steady for 9 hours since. Thanks for the advice in here to fix my Bull and save me!
Good work!
You may have to re-adjust when outside temperature gets colder.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back