Stampede Over the top chili

Dano

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
A few weeks ago RecTeq sent me an email with a recipe for Over the top chili. I had the chance today to make a similar version and my daughter said it’s best chili she’s ever had. I can’t say I’d argue with her. I saw another post on the RecTeq Forum for a modified version. Pretty much followed that except I didn’t add any jalapeños and for one can of the beans I substituted some sweet corn I had in the freezer from the fall.

If your wondering what the yellow thing is sticking out of the meat puck it’s the new Combustion Inc. Predictive Thermometer that was delivered last week. It was the first time I used it and I was thoroughly impressed. If anyone is in the market for a wireless thermometer I’d suggest giving it a look.

1E940F23-7BB1-41E0-ACDE-C297DA8BA28B.jpeg

D02DDAD0-F860-40B5-B539-25A71230CAFB.jpeg

218429DD-5509-4AF5-B1CB-9AC19C4A2D90.jpeg

A few weeks ago RecTeq sent me an email with a recipe for Over the top chili. I had the chance today to make a similar version and my daughter said it’s best chili she’s ever had. I can’t say I’d argue with her. I saw another post on the RecTeq Forum for a modified version. Pretty much followed that except I didn’t add any jalapeños and for one can of the beans I substituted some sweet corn I had in the freezer from the fall.

If your wondering what the yellow thing is sticking out of the meat puck it’s the new Combustion Inc. Predictive Thermometer that was delivered last week. It was the first time I used it and I was thoroughly impressed. If anyone is in the market for a wireless thermometer I’d suggest giving it a look.

View attachment 18337

View attachment 18338

View attachment 18339
Looks excellent. A few of us purchased that thermometer. Mine arrived last week and I'm looking forward to using it.

That chili looks awesome. OTT is the way to in my opinion

Once you go OTT you never go back

The crust formed on the meat creates a great texture on the chili

I don’t know how to link to an older post but look around March I show a bunch of pic for OTT chili

View attachment 18337

View attachment 18338

View attachment 18339
Looks great! Question: are beans drained first?

Looks great! Question: are beans drained first?
You didn’t ask me, but for those with gas issues with beans, draining and rinsing them will correct that for many people. Of course if you are like @C. Keeper, that might be a reason to not rinse them! 🤣

Italian sausage in chili. No way Jose.
I don’t know that 1 lb. of Italian sausage would make any difference vs. another type of ground meat. The next time I’ll try ground venison and beef. I’m fairly confident it’s gonna be good regardless of the meat used.

I might be inclined to say the same thing about beans in chili, but to each their own.

Yup my family is light on the beans for chili, I do 1 can only of black beans and sometimes a few garbanzos, we are not fan of kidney or red beans........extra meat of course!!!! :) I also don't like chunky tomatoes either, those bad boys get put into the processor!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back