Oscillating fan

JJP

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
I've had the 340 since about May of this year. For the most part it's been a good experience. I generally cook at low temps, 225 degrees. Here lately the fan has been oscillating off and on every 5 to 10 seconds. It didn't do this until lately. Is the normal? It's kind of driving me crazy!

I’ve had the same thing happen on my Stampede when it’s hot out and I’m doing low temp like 225. Once the temp levels out it runs constant

I may have figured out the oscillating situation. I cranked my 340 up to night to grill some fish at 225. Looking at the app I saw the settings icon. So I went there and saw feed rate. So I pressed it. It was set at 3.0, and below that was a note about low temp cooks, and if there was temp drops to raise the feed rate. So I did to 3.5. No more oscillating. And the set temp was steady. No more oscillating rises or drops.

my 700 will always do that on low. and even at 225 on a hot day. its just trying to limit air to the burn pot to keep temps lower
The fan cycles off and on to allow the pellets to smolder and create more smoke at low temps. It is more for smoke effect than for temp control. After all, that’s what low/slow is all about.???

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back