New to RecTeq looking at the 700 and the 1250

somemayo

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Hi All New to RecTeq but excited to pick up one very soon. I saw this morning that they are running a 20% off sale, so really great that I resisted the 15% off sale this past weekend. Looking at the 700 and the 1250 there is only a $75 dollar difference if you add the front self and the second self to the 700. So which one would you guys Pick? I am leaning 1250. Also being that I have only started looking at these, I have seen a 15% off sale and now there is a 20% off sale, do they tend to run bigger than 20% off sales?

I’d buy the 1250. If you are spending that kind of money $75 isn’t an issue and you get a lot more stuff on the 1250.
As far as the sale I’d get that thing in the basket and get it ordered before they change their mind. You rarely see 20% off.

I’d buy the 1250. If you are spending that kind of money $75 isn’t an issue and you get a lot more stuff on the 1250.
As far as the sale I’d get that thing in the basket and get it ordered before they change their mind. You rarely see 20% off.
Thanks a lot for the information.

Hi All New to RecTeq but excited to pick up one very soon. I saw this morning that they are running a 20% off sale, so really great that I resisted the 15% off sale this past weekend. Looking at the 700 and the 1250 there is only a $75 dollar difference if you add the front self and the second self to the 700. So which one would you guys Pick? I am leaning 1250. Also being that I have only started looking at these, I have seen a 15% off sale and now there is a 20% off sale, do they tend to run bigger than 20% off sales?
Just be sure you do the math before hitting the buy button. Recteq’s sale is “up to 20% off.” The operative words are “UP TO.” As far as I can tell, this is not a flat 20% off sale.

Just be sure you do the math before hitting the buy button. Recteq’s sale is “up to 20% off.” The operative words are “UP TO.” As far as I can tell, this is not a flat 20% off sale.
Yes that is why I think the numbers are so close cause the 1250 is 20% off the same as the 700, but the other pieces like the front shelf and the 2nd rack is not on sale.

I'd definitely do the 1250 over the 700. I have the 700 however the 1250 came out a few years later. The second shelf, front folding shelf and faster auger to me, make the extra money a no brainer.

I'd definitely do the 1250 over the 700. I have the 700 however the 1250 came out a few years later. The second shelf, front folding shelf and faster auger to me, make the extra money a no brainer.
I think the all have the same faster auger now. I was not sure if I should wait out and see if they make any new upgrades for a new 1250 but might be waiting some time for that.

There are definitely fewer differences between the 1250 and the 700 these days. I was kicking tires for almost two years about the 700, even loading up everything in the online shopping cart to see my total investment. When the 1250 first came out it had so many new features like the faster auger, cast iron deflector, dual band WiFi, standard front shelf, AC outlet on the controller shelf, etc. that at the time made it a no brainer. I bought it in the first week it was available.

Now it boils down to:
  • Final price with sale pricing of each
  • Do you want a light?
  • Do you want an AC outlet?
  • Is the conduit covered wiring important to you?
  • Are you planning on buying the front shelf if you go with the 700?
You're not really going to go wrong with either as they are pretty much identical now. FYI, I rarely use my second shelf, but it's sure nice to have the option. I use the AC outlet a lot for plugging in my Thermoworks Signals on long cooks, running my BucketHead vacuum to clean, and I even have successfully run an electric fryer the sits on the controller shelf to make smoked then fried chicken wings.

IMG_0816.jpeg

I think the all have the same faster auger now. I was not sure if I should wait out and see if they make any new upgrades for a new 1250 but might be waiting some time for that.
We bought our 700 three years ago for the price of 0% off. It was a great decision. If we were looking today at the 1250 at 20% off, easy choice to buy it knowing what we do now. If the competition cart goes on sale some day, treat yourself to that too

There are definitely fewer differences between the 1250 and the 700 these days. I was kicking tires for almost two years about the 700, even loading up everything in the online shopping cart to see my total investment. When the 1250 first came out it had so many new features like the faster auger, cast iron deflector, dual band WiFi, standard front shelf, AC outlet on the controller shelf, etc. that at the time made it a no brainer. I bought it in the first week it was available.

Now it boils down to:
  • Do you want a light?
You're not really going to go wrong with either as they are pretty much identical now. FYI, I rarely use my second shelf, but it's sure nice to have the option. I use the AC outlet a lot for plugging in my Thermoworks Signals on long cooks, running my BucketHead vacuum to clean, and I even have successfully run an electric fryer the sits on the controller shelf to make smoked then fried chicken wings.

View attachment 19466
Yes so this would be the difference in pricing: $76.04. This would be to make it basically the same grill. I don't think the light is that neccessary cause I have outside lights. Outside outlet might not be bad to do what you do actually. I also signed up for the news letter and I get $50 off which is nice. Would you recommend the ultimate pellets?

RT-1250: 1427

1687906882003.png

RT-700: 1351.63

1687906996425.png

Now it boils down to:
  • Do you want a light?

View attachment 19466
Yes so this would be the difference in pricing: $76.04. This would be to make it basically the same grill. I don't think the light is that neccessary cause I have outside lights. Outside outlet might not be bad to do what you do actually. I also signed up for the news letter and I get $50 off which is nice. Would you recommend the ultimate pellets?

RT-1250: $1427 (cover and sear grates)

Rt-700: $1351(with top shelf, folding shelf cover and seat grates)

I don't think the light is that neccessary cause I have outside lights. Outside outlet might not be bad to do what you do actually.
The light in the 700 is a liability IMO, and the interior shelf of the 1250 is much nicer than using the large shelf in the 700. That’s a smoking hot deal on the 1250-don’t snooze on it. Nothing wrong with the recteq pellets either, depending on how they are priced now.

The light in the 700 is a liability IMO, and the interior shelf of the 1250 is much nicer than using the large shelf in the 700. That’s a smoking hot deal on the 1250-don’t snooze on it. Nothing wrong with the recteq pellets either, depending on how they are priced now.
Thanks for the info I think I am going to do the 1250, the pellets on your grill order is 200 lbs for 100

Thanks for the info I think I am going to do the 1250, the pellets on your grill order is 200 lbs for 100
Good, analytical approach! Given the same set of facts, I’d definitely go with the 1250.

As for the RT pellets, that’s a very good price though I’m not a fan of their pellets. They will be fine to start with, but I’d suggest trying other brands down the line as well (LumberJack, Bear Mountain, CookinPellets, Kingsford, etc.). Most of them are more uniform in size and I think they provide better smoke flavor than the Ultimates. YMMV

My problem with the RT Ultimate pellets is the size inconsistency; some of them can run up to 2” long and I’ve experienced a couple of jams as a result. Maybe the newer and bigger grills with improved augers handle them OK; my 340 does not.

No Costco membership that’s the one draw back
Ok then go to Walmart and buy PitBoss. PitBoss makes the Kirkland pellets - depending on your blend 37 to 50 cents per pound. Bear Mountain on sale is 50 cents per pound and good quality; I think most here would say it's better than PitBoss. Just keep trying different ones until you find your favorite. I do mostly Kirkland and Bear Mountain Bourbon Barrel. Sometimes I mix the two.

No Costco membership that’s the one draw back
Not sure where you are located, but there are lots of other places to buy brand-name pellets; most farm stores (Tractor Supply, Farm & Coastal, etc.), big-box and local hardware stores (Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, True Value, etc.), restaurant supply stores, larger grocery stores (our local Safeway carries Kingsford), Cabela’s, Bass Pro, Dick’s, etc. Finding a local store avoids the high shipping cost from internet orders…and RT.

Ok then go to Walmart and buy PitBoss. PitBoss makes the Kirkland pellets - depending on your blend 37 to 50 cents per pound. Bear Mountain on sale is 50 cents per pound and good quality; I think most here would say it's better than PitBoss. Just keep trying different ones until you find your favorite. I do mostly Kirkland and Bear Mountain Bourbon Barrel. Sometimes I mix the two.
Thanks for the info I think I’ll do like you said grab the ultimate so they can’t blame the pellets and also less to have to bring home since it will be delivered. I think I might skip the cover and buy one on Amazon or lowes since many people on here seem to have issues with them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back